What's new

MeNewVegas

Student
Reaction score
This is my last problem with my Blast City and it will be perfect! Hopefully I can get this issue solved.

I got my Pi2Jamma set up and Buttons 2 won’t work for either player. It had the same issue when I tested it when buying with another PCB.

The wiring looks good everywhere. Both wires to the Amp Up in the CP look good. Both wires from the amp up down to the I/O appear fine. I/O to Jamma seem good too.

Only things I can think of are something wrong with I/O board which I have no idea how to fix. Any help with this?

Since it doesn't work for either player, or any PCB, my first guess would be the button's wired up to the wrong one. It's not hard or uncommon to get a button's wire mixed up, so it's good to check!

Check your pinouts. Are you 110% sure that button 2 is wired to button 2?

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

Pin 7 goes to button 2 for you?

I will 100 percent verify it is on the right line. I just quickly scanned the wires for any loose connections.

Ive been fearing this as I’ll have to cut the ties on the harness to free the wires from the harness bundle.

If it isn’t that would it be something to do with I/O and if so is that repairable?

Do you have a multimeter? If so test for continuity between both ends (pin to button) and see if you get a beep.

If you don't have a multimeter, buy one. They can be had for cheap and are almost always the first tool I reach for to diagnose issues

I will 100 percent verify it is on the right line. I just quickly scanned the wires for any loose connections.

Ive been fearing this as I’ll have to cut the ties on the harness to free the wires from the harness bundle.

If it isn’t that would it be something to do with I/O and if so is that repairable?
Wait, why are you cutting any ties?

The wires to the buttons are in the control panel and go to a connector also in the control panel.

Wait, why are you cutting any ties?
The wires to the buttons are in the control panel and go to a connector also in the control panel.
oops! I read your initial post wrong. I thought you meant from the Jamma connector to the I/O.

Im not at home now but I checked before and I’m 90 percent sure it is connected properly in the CP. it’s too much of a coincidence for both Button 2s to be affected for it to be in the CP. That’s why it somewhere in the cab.

I will grab a multi this weekend. Do I have to pull any wires out of their connectors for this or just stick the multi in?

All you need to do is put one probe on the wire / quick disconnect on the button, and the other probe on the pin at the other end

there will be ground and signal, so make sure you are probing the right pins. Don’t probe ground to signal, or vise versa.

Hear a beep? Continuity is fine. No beep? Issue in the wire somewhere that needs to be inspected further to find the fault

Update!

I finally found time to fully install my Arpicade kick harness. I was able to get buttons 4 and 5 to work for both players, but no button 6. As I was trying to figure this out, which I still havent haha, was that on one of my test runs Player 2 Button 2 all of a sudden worked! Player 1 Button 2 was still not working though. After fiddling around with the kick harness more times, Player 2 Button 2 ended up not working again.

So I am assuming that must mean its a loose wiring? As well if anybody has any idea why Button 6s wont work via an Arpicade with the harness going from the Pi2Jamma directly to the CP.

Thanks!

Pics of your setup please. What are you connecting to where?

Back