What's new

mathewbeall

Champion
Reaction score
Hi Folks - I am buying a BR2 board from a member here, and the picture of the board isn't what I would expect to see compared to other shots on ebay (the B board). Does anyone know if this is just a later variant of the board, or is it a clone?

Attachments

• C360_2019-11-25-14-27-48-555.jpg
    C360_2019-11-25-14-27-48-555.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 235
Bootleg yes, We still need to dump this one

Nem sent one for dumping and it had a bad rom, if we can get a dump we can fix his pcb and get the bootleg emulated.

Ok - I am getting this one, and it should work... if the ROM is socketed I can easily dump the chip.

It's a flash rom so will need to be sent to someone with the equipment.
All of the standard roms dumped correct, the flash was bad :(

@Hammy - i was using this board in an arcade, and after a while, it freezes - but I think the hardware is having issues, it's playable for a couple of days before it freezes.

Do you want me to send you the board so you can try and grab the roms? Or is it someone else who is doing that?

Matt

@cpsystem3 has the other PCB at the moment and is based in the US, best to send it there if he is ok with that?

@Hammy which chip(s) were bad on yours? I got one of these bootlegs and it worked for ~5 minutes before it stopped working. Just dumped u15 off mine and it's nothing but FF so I'm guessing as it had no tape over the windows my eproms are toast. Will get to u14 & u13 when I have time but maybe with our powers combined??

Edit: seems using the proper settings helps on a programmer, who would've thought?

sha sums so far:
29f8c16345d50ae4bd9fd079d06a1f409b6287bd broar2_u14.bin
9ddd3e66b5609016c6f5aafed5e9cfddc8482d41 bdroar2_u15.BIN

Don't have time to remove u13 yet but will have it later

Last edited:
The flash ram was bad, the regular eproms are ok and dumped.
I don't have the files you will need to ask cpsystem3 he did the dumps and has the board at the moment.

Back