What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Here is guide that Neo_Arcadia SHMUPS member wrote.. I am going to be performing this on the Vewlix C monitor:).. According to Neo_Arcadia the monitor should look like new.. :D :D :D

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31165

what this did for me:
-all stains are gone
-uniform brightness
-uniform sharpness
- two spots that i suspected to be dead Pixel were dust corns behind the lcd Matrix on the lightning matt.

Screen Looks like new.

Lets us know how it goes, I might do the same, take lots of pics please.

I've been meaning to do this too. I'll clean the screen when I go Tate mode, kill two birds with one stone.

Jan posted a guide too over there. One of the screws in my monitor bezel is stripped, and I can't be bothered to drill it out, so I've got a yellowy top right corner.

i'm trying this with my L monitor tonight and cannot figure out how to get the screen out of the case. i've gone in through the back and cleaned the heck out of the monitor, taken the bezel off and cleaned the glass, but cannot figure out how to get the LCD panel separated from the unit. ugh!

i'm trying this with my L monitor tonight and cannot figure out how to get the screen out of the case. i've gone in through the back and cleaned the heck out of the monitor, taken the bezel off and cleaned the glass, but cannot figure out how to get the LCD panel separated from the unit. ugh!
Can you post some pics? You took off the black bezel, then the inner retainer trim?

Ugh, I just put it back together.

I took off the 4 trim pieces around the bezel, then lifted the square black inner bezel off.

The glass exterior screen is laying on top, so I lifted that (and cleaned it).

Underneath is the LCD screen and the metal bezel. there are 3 screws around the edge of the LCD screen -- I removed those.

I tried lifting the LCD, nothing. I turned the monitor on it's edge and tilted forward, nothing. the LCD is fixed (I think) from behind.

The thought of taking the entire back off again is just too much. it took me 2 hours to disassemble the back -- all the cables and boards. sheesh.

The guide on AO doesn't show/mention the back coming off, but I think you do have to strip it down from back, then go in through the front. ugh!

Back