What's new

Runik

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi there,
Runik, 42, from France.

I've been around the arcade world for quite a long time now, owning a 20" european woody that I restored 10 years ago and a supergun mostly used for repairs.
I'm more interested by "older" games (up to the end of the 90's), mainly because they're easier to repair :p

I have quite an extensive collection of pcbs, mainly Sega (system 8/16/18 and ST-V), some Capcom CPS1/2, Taito F3, SNK MVS, and various other pcbs including Double Dragon, Asterix, Rainbow Islands or Karnov.

I also have a huge stash of pcbs (300+) slowly being repaired ... as I had trouble keeping track of faults and repairs made, I created a software to address this issue : AGAR, which stands for Arcade Games Analysis and Repair. It's open source and binaries for Windows and Linux are provided. You can check it there if you're interested ;)

A few years ago, as I had trouble finding a desuicide kit for a Golden Axe I had on the bench, I created a program generating decrypted sets for Sega FD1094 et FD1089A/B before it was possible to reinject keys and bring back the modules to life. As such I'm a Jammarcade contributor, even if the files aren't available anymore ;)

And because I still have too much time on my hands ( :whistling: ), I'm also in the middle of rewriting a Saturn/ST-V emulator I last released in 2005, and that I plan to move to open source not too long in the future ;)

Well, that's it for now I guess :)

Cheers !

Welcome, you'll fit in great over here!

Also, the AGAR software looks awesome, I'm sure some people here will find great use for that (paging: @xodaraP).

Welcome!

Tried to check your AGAR soft, looks like a very cool tool to have. But, the Windows zip gave me errors, might be my download got corrupted, will try later.

Thanks guys for the welcome :)
@Derick2k : I moved the binaries from bitbucket to github lately, I'll check if everything's fine with the files later ...
@Bonky : I could have bet you were around here somewhere ;)

Welcome!

Like Derick above, the zip 1.1.10 win32 binary is corrupted for me too. Looking forward to trying it soon!

Back