What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to have a Daytona USA steering wheel and pedals working with the naomi using a type i/o board or the JVS helper board?

Thanks!

So I guess the tricky part would be the FFB, I mean, to have the naomi driver board (838-14174) properly wired to work with hardware designed for a model 2 driver board (838-11297).

So I guess the tricky part would be the FFB, I mean, to have the naomi driver board (838-14174) properly wired to work with hardware designed for a model 2 driver board (838-11297).
FFB is another thing entirely. Most setups aren't even fully compatible across games nevermind across platforms.

I believe the motor driver board Sega used starting with Model 3 is compatible with the FFB output boards up through Lindbergh.

I don't believe any of the model 2 equipment is compatible beyond Model 2 though. you'd probably be able to use the motor and the motor power supply and swap out the FFB boards along with the game PCB.

This thread has a lot of information about which FFB and motor control boards are compatible with which games: list of sega I/O and communication boards

This thread has lots of technical information about "hacking" the Model 2 Daytona USA Motor control setup: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,145000.0.html

But you don't NEED ffb to play the games. It is sort of a luxury. The games will play fine with just the wheels and pedals and they are interchangeable.

Back