Gunbird 2 Owners - Can Someone Check Capacitor "C1" for me?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks @rewrite!

Just out of curiosity is your Gunbird 2 PCB "noisy" with video interference in the sound? It's not as noticeable in game, but definitely so during attract mode.

It seems to be a common problem others have faced including myself:
      neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.…77-Gunbird-2-Sound-Issues

Pretty sure I've got a 25v 100uF cap I can throw in to C1 to see if it makes a difference.

(FWIW I've already replaced all other caps, didn't notice C1 was missing)
    • kuze wrote:

Just out of curiosity is your Gunbird 2 PCB "noisy" with video interference in the sound? It's not as noticeable in game, but definitely so during attract mode.
      I'll have to take a closer look. I'd picked it up broken and fixed it thanks to some advice from @Mitsurugi-w. I didn't even know which Psikyo game it was until I plugged it in and it worked!

But really, I fixed it, then let it run in the cab a while, and haven't turned it on since. I'll try and have a look today.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • I added the 25v 100uF cap to C1 and it didn't make any sort of noticeable difference unfortunately. ;(

If you turn the volume pot almost all the way down on the PCB and compensate externally (e.g. supergun -> line level -> amped via another system), it's not really noticeable.

But playing it as-is on something like the Egret 2 where you rely fully on the PCB's amp, it's pretty awful.

Seems like possibly a good candidate for a line out audio mod, but then again wouldn't help something like the E2 (without another amp).