What's new
Re: cp box- $365 shipped, powder coated, etc- ready to install. I could always bring one down next time I'm bothering my mom to save a little bit, too. I have (2?) left I think, I'd have to check.
It's not a today or this week thing, but I do need to do it sometime. Thanks!
re: trackball panels. Alberto might make them too?
He may, but when they're well under $100 on YAJ, it's almost silly to buy new panels for 100ish or more, then track down trackballs IMO.
But if restoring to brand spanking new is the plan, then may as well go all the way?
Gotcha. Just text or PM me when you need more info. I'll check what i have later today and double check what I have into them and if I have enough. I was going to keep one as a spare for whatever reason.

Re: trackball panel- true. Those trackballs are pricey sometimes.

@rewrite...sorry boss, you misunderstand. What we were discussing was taking the main metal panel, and bypassing the whole cutout for the smaller sub-panel, and start buttons,....in order to center a 3" trackball with buttons on both sides. I am looking into getting a few of those blanks, so i can do a multi williams setup, a classics/qbert setup, and one or two others.

I am personally, not a fan of the raised sub-panel style of the cab, as its pretty limiting, considering the amount of space the whole CP has.
However, The crappy Riverservice and bootleg panels, that dont use the original surround, suck more.....hence me working on this solution, for myself.

@KaPH33n - This has saved my life, more times than I can count! https://www.boltdepot.com/Internally_threaded_screw_gauges.aspx

@Battlesmurf - I'd take 3 sets of 4 grommets, if you start this up.

I just popped back in to "trackball panels". Didn't know the goal was CUSTOM trackball panels!

That should be fun!

I would take a trackball panel too. I just ordered one of those sega system 16 trackball reproduction addons are centipede trackballs good quality?

I have two of the DP-1167 straight Tangs if you or anyone else needs one. I have some other assorted tangs too I found in my stash.

I have two of the DP-1167 straight Tangs if you or anyone else needs one. I have some other assorted tangs too I found in my stash.
I need 1.

I more of less finished the cabinet and have some pictures taken. Will update this weekend probably.

Been awhile. Have been meaning to update with some more pictures and maybe even a video on my current progress. For the most part this is playable and done. Just some minor cosmetic items needed like the last tang that @KaPH33n has offered to send (Thanks for this!) and a plexiglass marquee topper reproduction that a member on this forum makes. Still browsing periodically for a official replacement speaker as I have a makeshift pc speaker jerry rigged in there. Also looking for the last official foot peg as I only had 3, but what I have in there now will be fine if I never find one.

Here is where I am at now:

wKIjQx7.jpg

SYbjXGJ.jpg

This is kinda my makeshift arcade room until I build an addition onto my house that is in the works. I have room for 1 more cabinet in this line up, and in the room total I can make squeeze a total of 6 cabinets =O 8o I will need some arcade chairs for this. The ones I have are the taller ones meant for the Vewlix.

I have made a youtube video kinda going over briefly my Aero city cabinet. I apologize for the video quality, shakiness, sound quality, etc. I am not a youtuber and this was done on my phone. Some of you have asked about tips on the CP overlay sticker sold by gateninety so I decided to show in a video how mine turned out. If there is anything in detail you would like me to talk about or show I wouldn't mind. I was kind of rambling off whatever came to mind so I may not have gone in depth on things I meant to or even skipped what I was meaning to say. Was kinda nervous :/ I sound weird too!

One thing I didn't point out in my video is the alberto panel might be too thick. It feels fine but the part where the palm of my hand rests for the stick, the rise in the metal is scrapping up against my palm. Even after 30 minutes of play it was fine, but if you were to do some serious stretches it might be an issue. I believe Alberto is making a new version with changes and slightly thinner and going to be sending to me to test. Only comparison I have to official standards is my mahjong panel. I compared the two and it is only slightly thicker than the mahjong panel. I don't wanna compromise the strength so we will see what alberto comes up with. :)

Last edited:
Wow. That was quite the journey from before to now.

I know what you mean about the cp sticker. Mine has some whiting coming through the blue from the stretch as well.

Can I see a before and photo. That thang was a beater when it arrived.

the last tang that @KaPH33n has offered to send (Thanks for this!)
It's in the mail already, but USPS is going extra slow lately. @DecepticonZero has one coming too.
Thanks so much for this! I know @DecepticonZero was also looking for a Sega Aero City speaker some years back? If I ever find a pair, since I only need 1, I will forward the offer to him on that as well. So far only saw Yaton ever selling a pair on ebay some years back. Emailed him but he seems AWOL.

Wow. That was quite the journey from before to now.

I know what you mean about the cp sticker. Mine has some whiting coming through the blue from the stretch as well.

Can I see a before and photo. That thang was a beater when it arrived.
It's on the first page first post. It's such a rusted disgusting mess. I actually had my father at my house waiting on it because I was at work when they came earlier than they said they were going too. He didn't quite understand why I paid so much money for such an abysmal looking thing but now he genuinely says "wow" whenever he looks at it. Gonna have my newphew come over and play some games on it with me.

yaton is no longer selling on ebay due to a fiasco with shipping a large lot of new astro cities at the start of coronavirus. I don't want to go into too much detail about other people's business, but I believe he is contactable through facebook now if you want something. good luck.

This video shows someone installing new speakers and an amp in an aero city. Seems like the ones he found fit.

Back