What's new
I received the 4th leg leveler I was needing today. Mine only came with 3. It's not original but it works fine.

I went with this one here.

Q5Aj8Ri.jpg

It is nice and long unlike the original ones so if you wanted to make your aero just a tad taller you can. The aeros are rather short and you may bump your knees depending on how tall you are or how big your seat is. I only tested the back left side and it went all the way in so there is tons of room for play, not sure about the front posts though.

The glass sticker came out great, but I definitely would recommend having either another person hold it while you slowly peel away the protective layer, or use blue painters tape to hold it in place. I had to take it off about 5 times because I kept missing the sweet spot and in doing so a couple ridges formed. You cannot notice them unless your looking for them though. I cleaned up that ridiculously weak black plastic bezel piece with goo gone and simple green. I held the cracks with black electrical tape.

4Hqs1PG.jpg

The grommets that I found arrived finally. Almost $21 shipped for 3 washers ( I already had 1 sample). Expensive but they definitely make me feel a lot safer. Raw dogging metal screws on this glass panel is dangerous. If you were to ever have the screen bezel up and it came crashing down or slipped you would be really sorry.

dRsylqB.jpg

One of my speakers is busted. The original speaker is 8ohms 5 watts and I sacrificed a 8ohms 20 watts computer speaker in the meantime. I covered the excess whole with black cardboard so the light doesn't shine through the black speaker grills. You cannot notice it unless I point it out.

6fwrom6.jpg

I searched high and low for replacement speakers but no one has a exact fit. I tried speaker repair places but they don't carry the oval type speakers that these use and they are so small they aren't worth the effort to begin with. Sadly I will have to keep an eye on Ebay over the next year until one pops up. I emailed Yaton but it seems his ebay store is awol because of covid for the time being. I hear these are prone to breaking.

Lastly, I went to the coaters to confirm the information regarding the repro parts. Told them there is zero interest without a prototype. The fabricator has already started working again on reproducing parts for Ferraris and would only be available for the short window while he was switching jobs, so unless I fork over money soon, it's a dead transaction. If I had the skills to mock up a template for a trackball panel with 3 buttons I would pay the cash myself for the prototype. Sadly I just know too little about trackball games or how a panel that plays them is supposed to look like to do that.

Alberto will be mailing out the repro 1L6B and 2L12B panels I ordered this Friday. I have the last of my gatenintey order in the mail as well. Should be all I need to wrap this puppy up when I get those two orders in.

Last edited:
This is looking SO GOOD! Can't wait to see it complete and running!

Looks amazing.

Those ridges should be able to come out with light heat from a hair dryer and the squeegee.

Were your cones ripped or were the joints broken off the speakers?

8bit had to reattach his.

Looks amazing.

Those ridges should be able to come out with light heat from a hair dryer and the squeegee.

Were your cones ripped or were the joints broken off the speakers?

8bit had to reattach his.
I have looked these over a dozen times and I see no damage on the cone or the speaker itself. I surmise it must be the coil within that has melted or something. I only guess it never worked to begin with, or when I turned it on for the first time using my IGS PGM, I was so concerned about not blowing the monitor that I forgot to check the volume. It was cranked all the way up and you could hear it all throughout my house. I tested it via a multimeter and it is getting no continuity unlike it's other counterpart. This means something within must be damaged.

If @8bitforlife could chime in where he had to look to test for the joints maybe I could check as well. I am just not seeing any apparent damage.

I also purchased most of all the locks I need.

I have 5x 5380 Sega locks on the way from Japan. It came with 1 key.

nvDOV3p.jpg

Those combined with the 2x CP tangs I already have, and the 2x bent style tangs that I think are for the main door and coin mech door?

2KEs64Y.jpg

So I think what I am missing is just 1 tang for the coin box door, which I think is the strait looking one seen here:

s-l1600.jpg

If anyone can confirm if that is indeed the one that I am missing, I will keep an eye out for it.

@Kavas @hoagtech My wires on one cab were cut up top near speaker my friend soldered and reconnected that wire since its separate from rest of harness with connector. The other cab was completely fine except for coin meter was cut so thats been reconnected also. I have 4 coin meters in zen market warehouse waiting for me to ship but i gotta save up to pay the balance if anyone needs one.

I havent turned my cabs back on yet so i dont know if my speakers are ok they look fine i am waiting on chassis I bought off ebay that @rewrite said he didnt even had to recap it looked better than his personal one. Hes waiting on parts for psu.

I am not sure what you mean by joints.

would anyone know a source to buy the screws for the glass? mine were kind stripped when i took them off so i think i should replace them.

would anyone know a source to buy the screws for the glass? mine were kind stripped when i took them off so i think i should replace them.
I would like to know the ALL the screws on the cab! :D

You need to be careful when dealing with those 4x screws for the glass. I almost stripped one of the holes itself when trying to put the glass back on. Only part on the cab where I had that problem.

How was the condition on the plastic/rubber grey washer things behind the crt mount.
I seem to be missing 2 of them.

there was none on both of mine screws were on straight glass because the rubber had melted.

How was the condition on the plastic/rubber grey washer things behind the crt mount.
I seem to be missing 2 of them.
Mine were fine. There should be 4 of them.

Edit:
Be sure to check your monitor. When I took my monitor out, two of the grey washers also came out.

Last edited:
i recently picked up this tool called a thread checker. it's great when you can take the work to the tool (nut or bolt). it's not so great if you have to take the tool to the work (t-nut, captured nuts, weldnuts, rivnuts/plusnuts)
https://smile.amazon.com/Bolt-Thread-Checker-Inch-Metric/dp/B003FJW0GK?sa-no-redirect=1

I also recommend mcmaster carr for buying hardware... their search and stock are pretty robust. They're not the cheapest available... but being able to drill down to weird shit and know it's coming right is worth something.
https://www.mcmaster.com/

Looking good so far @Kavas. You might need 2 keys to get the control panel open... so account for that. I have extras of the straight tangs I can grab one for you next time I'm in SF. It has a sega part number engraved on them. I forget exactly what it is.

Does anybody here need grommits? I might bulk buy if I can get enough interest and just ship it first class. $20 for a set of 4 is silly- we might be able to get them down a couple bucks.

Also- I can get doors fabricated. Probably around $175 or less- I'd need a door to send my guy though. We've done aero table, mini cute, Egret 2 parts, among other things.

PM me.

Does anybody here need grommits? I might bulk buy if I can get enough interest and just ship it first class. $20 for a set of 4 is silly- we might be able to get them down a couple bucks.

Also- I can get doors fabricated. Probably around $175 or less- I'd need a door to send my guy though. We've done aero table, mini cute, Egret 2 parts, among other things.

PM me.
I might need 1 grommit for something unrelated to the Aero City that I think this size might be good for. Unfortunately already spent the 20+ $ on the grommits I needed. They charged me like 15$ for shipping and it came in a padded envelope two weeks later. But it is the perfect fit and only one I could find it size so meh..

Good to know the doors are around that range. I was quoted $200 for the small coin door, but that was with it being powder coated as well. If you read up you can see there's plenty of interest in a custom panel, maybe for trackball. I didn't know the guy personally but if you know someone with the skills you might wanna look into it.

If you read up you can see there's plenty of interest in a custom panel, maybe for trackball
Aero trackball panels pop up on YAJ pretty often. Pretty sure the one that was up there the other day didn't even get a bid. Recreating them would be something, but you'd still have to source the trackballs and at that point you'd be out way more than just buying a panel off of YAJ.

I probably don't want to know, but what'd those Aero Table control panel BOXES run, roundabout?

If you read up you can see there's plenty of interest in a custom panel, maybe for trackball
Aero trackball panels pop up on YAJ pretty often. Pretty sure the one that was up there the other day didn't even get a bid. Recreating them would be something, but you'd still have to source the trackballs and at that point you'd be out way more than just buying a panel off of YAJ.

I probably don't want to know, but what'd those Aero Table control panel BOXES run, roundabout?
re: trackball panels. Alberto might make them too?

Re: cp box- $365 shipped, powder coated, etc- ready to install. I could always bring one down next time I'm bothering my mom to save a little bit, too. I have (2?) left I think, I'd have to check.

Re: cp box- $365 shipped, powder coated, etc- ready to install. I could always bring one down next time I'm bothering my mom to save a little bit, too. I have (2?) left I think, I'd have to check.
It's not a today or this week thing, but I do need to do it sometime. Thanks!
re: trackball panels. Alberto might make them too?
He may, but when they're well under $100 on YAJ, it's almost silly to buy new panels for 100ish or more, then track down trackballs IMO.

But if restoring to brand spanking new is the plan, then may as well go all the way?

Back