What's new

Spaayse

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was writing a new game to my CPS-3 superbios (from SF3: Third Strike to Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure) and it keeps giving me an error 53. What does this mean and how can it be fixed. Thanks in advance!

bad 3rd simm (the 1st 128mb). Try swapping 128mb simm around. If it give you same error the problem could be elsewhere

Hi,

I swapped the simms around and now it’s stuck at the “now erasing the prior memory” screen.

Edit: Now I’m getting error 53 again. Is it possible that the simms are corrupted? Is there any way to fix it if they are?

Last edited:
Hi,

I swapped the simms around and now it’s stuck at the “now erasing the prior memory” screen.

Edit: Now I’m getting error 53 again. Is it possible that the simms are corrupted? Is there any way to fix it if they are?
The "3" in 53 indicates that it's simm slot 3. However, since you swapped simms around and still got the error, it could be something to do with the actual simm slot or something completely different. CPS3 motherboards are very complicated, and when something fails outside the simms or cart...people usually just junk em and get another motherboard.

check the cd and or cd drive, clean slot 3 and the cart for safe measure

A failure on one simm can sometimes cause the wrong error to show. It can be tricky to pinpoint which one without a working spare to swap.

Back