What's new

DeathEngine2

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So I'm having a problem with a Hydro Thunder board I found. When I try to power on the board, the PSU's fan spins up for a second, and shuts off immediately afterwards. I'm thinking the PSU is done for. How about you guys?

Try removing the RAM sticks, graphics card and processor. Anything with a edge connector, clean it. The CMOS battery is most likely flat, remove that as well. Then reinsert RAM, GPU and processor. See what happens.

If it still shuts off immediately, you could see what kind of voltages you're getting while it's briefly on.

Since it’s basically just a pc design, what you are describing is the exact behavior a pc would exhibit when it refuses to post. Comment above me is solid advice

bad psu or a shortcircuit on something it's connected to.

if you have a spare psu or a spare motherboard(any will do) you can narrow it down.

or better yet - look at the motherboard and especially inside the psu for failed capacitors with the top of the can either bulged upwards or burst open.

I fixed two of these just by reseating everything. I want to say they both exhibited the behavior OP described, but it's been a while.

I have four of these linked together. Never had any issues with any of them.

i'v never seen one, how does it compare to the dreamcast version??

Honestly, I haven't ever compared them. Most likely it looks about the same on a Dreamcast (splitscreen probably excluded), and I don't think the port added a whole lot of content. However, as always with these kind of games, the arcade controls make the game IMO.

I also have two San Francisco Rush 2049 cabs linked together. Here the Dreamcast port pulls slightly ahead. The stunt wings that were added to the cars really add to the game play. I had no idea they weren't in the arcade original :(

Reactions: stj
Back