What's new

KalessinDB

Grand Master
Reaction score
Had a couple buddies over last night and rearranged my basement barcade for the upcoming New Year's Eve party. I'm much happier with it now... flows better, from the bar to the cocktail cabinets (more commonly seen in bars) to the behemoth of the 6p X-Men and through to the row of stand-up machines. On the one hand I could fit more in if I pushed them closer together, but for one thing I can't because between the Neo Geo and the Millipede is a pipe coming out of the wall (clean-out pipe for my kitchen sink), and for another thing setting them this way gives elbow room for the fighters, especially with 1p Millipede between them.

Ms Pacman has a Mike Doyle 96-in-1 (though I kinda want to trade it out for a HSS one, it looks slicker to me... not enough to pay for it though)
Neo Geo is a 4 slot with working mini marquees and a Darksoft multi (in addition to a huge pile of original carts)
Millipede has a Multipede kit in it
Big Blue is currently just MvC, but I have a 6-way switcher from RiddledTV and Darksoft multis for CPS2 and CPS3 to switch into it... I've just been lazy.

Great space!
Love that 6-player Xmen.
Thanks! It was working but iffy when I got it - I had Mitsu fix the audio (which made me realize the PSU was low, so I cranked that up), had a guy in town put a new flyback on the right monitor, had to replace all the buttons and get a yellow wico for Wolverine...

Finally got it 99% working yesterday -- only remaining issue Dazzler is a little tricky to hit the down direction, but I realized why - it has standard microswitches on it rather than levered-types. I just ordered a set of levered ones and will be installing them ASAP for my NYE party. Looking forward to it being 100% running. Maybe next year for artwork!

Finally got it 99% working yesterday -- only remaining issue Dazzler is a little tricky to hit the down direction, but I realized why - it has standard microswitches on it rather than levered-types. I just ordered a set of levered ones and will be installing them ASAP for my NYE party. Looking forward to it being 100% running. Maybe next year for artwork!
Dazzler is my girl, treat her well!

Maybe next year for artwork!
I highly recommend szabo’s arcade for the artwork. That’s were I bought my 4-player X-men side art from and it came out beautifully!
yeah that's where I'm going IF I do it. I'm just not sure I'm going to have the guts to take all the electronics out to do a full strip and Bondo and such. Big commitment, bigger than I normally make :)

those cocktails look like they went on time out. Put some artwork back there.
It's a good idea. They've been in their current location for all of 24 hours, but I'm sure I'll find something soon ;)

Back