What's new

MostroVeneno

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi my friends, I'm attempting to connect nanao ms9 chassis in ms8-29 Toshiba tube, I dont have ms9 yoke, will this be an issue? Are the results bad or can they pair well ?
I aprecciate any help!

Hi, I´m in the process of testing ms9 chassis into toshiba ms8 29 tube.
I wonder what to do with this cables. Anyone knows what they are for and if i can adpt them?
I have marked in yellow the references.
ms8-29-small.jpg

nanao-ms9-29a-candy-cabinet-chassis-astro-city-egret_1_76c90d313ccdbce3ce7a84227fa6bef5.jpg

It's the switch for the manual degauss. You can swap it over, just change the connector housing as the pins are the same. If you don't have a smaller connector housing available, you could just cut the longer one to the correct length.

Connector series is JST VH:
http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/detail_e.php?series=262

@nem you are awesome thanks, also next to the manual degauss you mention is the degauss connection right?

I decider to make a harness for the ms8 yoke to ms9 chassis using parts from www.arcadepartsandrepair.com
1x 2.36mm 4-pin cm1010
1x 2.36mm 2-pin cm1001
1x 1.55mm 2-pin cn1001
Pins are separate grab a 10 pack of both 1.55mm and 2.36

You can also easily remove the pins on the ms8 power, rgb, degaussing switch harness and plug them into the corresponding pins on the ms9 I’m almost sure orientation doesn’t mater but @nem might know more about it. I’ve heard of putting a 1k resistor on the verticals but not sure what watt. The idea is to change inductance so it’s not out of range on the monitor. Will comment more if I see anything else about it.
FmGaehx.jpg
IV3auCG.jpg

Adjust focus, pincushion, and the yoke rings so the beams line up. You might not even need to put magnet strips on it, as the corners look more or less uniform with everything else.

I’m almost sure orientation doesn’t mater but @nem might know more about it.
Orientation doesn't matter with AC input and degauss.

Back