What's new

amstrick

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My apologies if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and did not see anything.

I have a Neo Geo 2 slot. I get no sound in games or in the hardware test; however, if I flip dip one and go directly to the hardware test I do get sound.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

What are you plugging it into? It's not a jamma cab, is it? The multislots have a slightly different audio pinout.

Currently running it in a Goldie, so its a dedicated Neo cab.

Sounds like the z80 cpu is crashing when trying to run the sound code (m1) off the carts. There are a number if things that could cause that.

A couple things you can try

- clear backup ram. corrupt backup ram will sometimes cause sound to not work
- clean your cart edges and cart slots
- bootleg carts can cause sound issues

Its possible the issue is being caused by a specific slot, so you should try booting with only a cart in slot 1 and then only in slot 2 and see if one of them works.

That's good advice, thanks ack! Will try tonight and see if I can get it working.

I don't know what bios you have on your motherboard, but 1 thing to know is with the latest unibios 4.
There is a bug with mvs 2 slots motherboard.

Only 1 cartridge in slot 1=sound is ok
2 cartridges in both slot=sound is ok
Only 1 cartridge in slot 2=no sound

Last edited:
@ack

Apologies for the super slow response. Holidays got crazy and wasn't able to try your advice until now. Cleared the backup RAM - sound works perfect!

Really appreciate it, thanks!

Reactions: ack
Back