What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have some spare 32mb simm I like to convert to 128mb. Is the a reliable source for the 29016 N ic? I need about 10

I have about 5x32Mb Simms left. If you pay shipping you can have them. They only have the flashes with reseversed pinout though.

The normal ones are easier to source. I have also in the past just take N flash and with a flat screwdriver carefully flattened (Very gently) the other way around the pins so it becomes a Reversed :thumbsup:

Sure I'll grab them. I'll hit you up in the new year so it does not get lost in the posted system. Good idea on the pin reversal. I'll give it a try next time I'm in the shop

I was wondering if that would work, have a couple of spare 32mb myself I'd like to make into 128mb so I have spares.

Just use alot of flux. Any solder bridge will give you an error. Some of the n/c pin are grounded while other are use as pass through for other pin. If you have a microscope that would be a plus.

What I normally do is
-Test the simm 1st. By writing just to that simm
- Remove all the old solder from dragging from the inside outward
- Test again
- Solder the next pair (they work in pairs)
- Test again and repeat
It goes the original type "R" then the type "N" right next to them. The next "R" then "N"

Like darksoft said it's a long process. I normally make them when I have something else to work on. I have only made 4 and do not recommend doing all ic at once just incase you have a bad ic. Flipping the pin around do work but make drag soldering a pain.

I have about 5x32Mb Simms left. If you pay shipping you can have them. They only have the flashes with reseversed pinout though.

The normal ones are easier to source. I have also in the past just take N flash and with a flat screwdriver carefully flattened (Very gently) the other way around the pins so it becomes a Reversed :thumbsup:
I need some 32mb too :(

you didnt say if you needed so44 or tsop48,
but i used to salvage the tsop variant out of old sat/cable boxes!

Back