Axun Workshop - JVS / JAMMA Control-Box(CBOX) SuperGun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Axun Workshop - JVS / JAMMA Control-Box(CBOX) SuperGun

A little history about myself. I am from USA and I moved to China when i got married to beautiful chinese woman. hehe
      I was in the Arcade tournament scene from 1999-2008 and made friends with many top players.
      I was the founder of GoForBroke, which archived tournament videos from around the world.
      This eventually led to Combovideos.com

I love original hardware and I moved to China. I met a guy his tag is Axun @ axunwork.taobao.com/
      This man makes high quality parts for the retro scene. Made to order.
      I was so impressed i told him he needs to get his products out west. He showed little interests but said if I help him maybe something can happen so here we are.
      This new JVS / JAMMA CBOX, he has given me the task of "getting it out there"
      This first product i am showcasing is NEW. He just created it.

It is a JVS / JAMMA SuperGun that has built in power! One box to rule them all. Very Hassle free. No more need for expensive hard to find JVS I/O boards! :D

SPECS: (Translated from Chinese)
      JVS / JAMMA CONTROL-BOX (referred to as JJ-CBOX) VERSION 2
      It can be easily connected to the JAMMA and the JVS, and you can easily play the original arcade games at home.

It comes with: JJ-CBOX v2 Unit + power cord

Controller Inputs:
      JJ-CBOX has x2 Sega Saturn SS controller interface,
      x2 Sigma SIGMA AV7000 joystick interface,
      x2 (DB-15) SNK NEOGEO controller interface (Compatible with Undamned Decoders) TESTED

BACK OF THE UNIT
      The three-row DB15 pin interface is not a high-resolution VGA, a low-resolution RGBS signal, and a direct output of the RGBS signal of JAMMA.
      The audio red and white ports can control mono and stereo, and respond to different JAMMA substrates.
      The 8P interface is the same as the RGB interface of NEOGEO, but it supports stereo. 8pin to EU-SCART (RGB)
      RGB impedance can be set in 4 modes: pass-through, 75 ohm, 150 ohm, 75 + 150 ohm
      The JVS-USB interface is used to control the JVS host. It can control JVS hosts such as SEGA NAOMI, RINGEDGE, Taito Type X2, etc.
      12-hole JVS power output, including negative 5V, 3.3V, 5V, 12V
      The video of JVS host is output directly from the host's high-resolution VGA or DVI port
      The JAMMA interface is a standard old-style substrate 28 * 2 interface, but JJ-BOX's JAMMA supports 6 keys. In addition to the original substrate, it can also be conveniently connected to a PC low-resolution card, a Raspberry Pi card or an analog box
      The external 456 or KICK HARNESS is used to connect some 6-key games such as STV CPS1, CPS2 / CPS3, Street Fighter and so on.KICK HARNESS wiring is required.
      ADJUSTABLE 5v and 3v for picky JAMMA boards
      Kick harness switch for quick Enable/Disable

JVS/JAMMA Supergun/CBOX with Neo Geo MVS JAMMA

youtube.com/watch?v=OH2RGEtjZ2E

JVS/JAMMA CBOX/Supergun with Sega Naomi

youtube.com/watch?v=REeKDOAXHpg

This Unit is priced at 1700 RMB
      If you are interested please contact me.
      Remember these units are hand made to order.

Thank you all.
      Sharing is Caring

ORDER LIST
      #1 GoodQualityCookiss (INT-MAILED @ 2020-04-01)
      #2 dannahan (SHIPPED to Shanghai @ 2020-04-01
      #3 bktrunks (SHIP PROCESS STARTED @ 2020-04-06)
      #4 glstar (SHIP PROCESS STARTED @ 2020-04-06)
      #5 hamlicom (BEING MADE @ 2020-04-06)
      #6 AMS
      #7 Bob @ RetroRGB for REVIEW
      #8 aggrocrag
      #9 statix139
      #10 sklathill
      Images
      • WeChat Image_20200118164257.jpg

179.29 kB, 1,440×1,080, viewed 119 times
      • EMEjNd5UEAA5Fzg.jpg

136.46 kB, 1,440×1,080, viewed 252 times
      • WeChat Image_20200318213126.jpg

971.65 kB, 2,130×2,918, viewed 64 times
      • WeChat Image_20200318215701.jpg

181.63 kB, 750×500, viewed 66 times
      • WeChat Image_20200325115506.jpg

319.83 kB, 1,000×667, viewed 36 times
      • WeChat Image_20200325115540smaller.jpg

522.73 kB, 2,000×1,333, viewed 33 times
      • 2nd.jpg

178.45 kB, 1,732×1,154, viewed 715 times
      • 3rd.jpg

150.67 kB, 1,732×1,154, viewed 215 times
      Darksoft Multi :: CPS2, CPS3 , Naomi Netboot

The post was edited 11 times, last by drfunk2k ().

• The videos are definitely cool. Is that effectively an entire controller in Test Buttons on the front of the unit?

Also, what cords (if any) are included with the box?

Last question I can think of right now: do you have any way to "turn off" the button 456 on the jamma edge? I know we've identified at least 1-2 games that don't work right if it's wired that way.
    • xodaraP wrote:

That looks great! Would it be possible to get a photo of the internals or an idea of what parts have been used?

PSU is the biggest thing I'd be interested to know more about :)
      PSU is custom AxunWorkshop JVS 3.3-20 (120v-240v)
      Images
      • PSU.png

926.13 kB, 509×855, viewed 180 times
    • Question for Axun. Do you think there's a possibility for a deluxe model down the line with a OSSC built in? Or even the possibility for an enclosure that allows the user to slot one in?
      Multis: CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, M72, Crystal System, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile
    • djsheep wrote:

Question for Axun. Do you think there's a possibility for a deluxe model down the line with a OSSC built in? Or even the possibility for an enclosure that allows the user to slot one in?
      I've thought about that. But players say they prefer to keep the OSSC outside, because home consoles can also use the OSSC without being too bulky. In the future, I can consider making a larger BOX to reserve OSSC interface location integration. At present, there is no more space inside this BOX. Maybe by summer. -Axun
    • Thanks for the fast reply. The suggestion was actually from someone who has ordered one of your units on taobao. Will perhaps be something to look forward to in the future for an all-in-one plug and play arcade unit.

Will be getting one of the units down the line for sure, a JVS solution has been long needed in a Supergun and this one is well executed!
      Multis: CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, M72, Crystal System, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile
    • Edit: There are some issues with inputs which needs a bit of testing.

I got it, thanks to @djsheep for informing me of this - works for me really well- I run CPS1, CPS2, NAOMI2, Fever SOS and various other single board arcade PCBs.

Pros:
      1. No need for Sun PSU for my Naomis now.
      2. Cables and box are well made - professionally done.
      3. Everything else.
      4. One stop shop for cables and all.

Cons:
      None to report at the moment.

I will later try with the Namco 246/256.

P.S. I dont know about electrical stuff and I will leave it for someone else to do all the tests.

P.S.S. Also whats the 9pin din to AVmulti cable? Seems useless to me.
      Retro Police

The post was edited 1 time, last by suverman ().