What's new
Has anyone tested this with the OSSC? I am trying that now - and while I have no issues on my bench using this with my Sony PVM, the OSSC doesn't seem to like it.

It never syncs up to send signal through to the TV.

I drop my HAS in - and it works perfectly.

Matt
MVS > CBOX EUR SCART > OSSC HDMI > 55" UHDTV

Attachments

• b93c5b83288bb0466d33f55b7e1c1d3.jpg
    b93c5b83288bb0466d33f55b7e1c1d3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 56e103eda8fec71218f201205e0071d.jpg
    56e103eda8fec71218f201205e0071d.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 37893750c050c83ae12b19cc596c5e0.jpg
    37893750c050c83ae12b19cc596c5e0.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 125
EU REP: Braintrash
----------------------------------------
EU LIST:
AMS

US REP: mathewbeall
US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
statix138

EU LIST:
AMS

US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
@statix138

AUS/ZEALAND/Southeast Asia REP: djsheep
---------------------------------------------------------
AUS LIST:

Has anyone tested this with the OSSC? I am trying that now - and while I have no issues on my bench using this with my Sony PVM, the OSSC doesn't seem to like it.

It never syncs up to send signal through to the TV.

I drop my HAS in - and it works perfectly.

Matt
MVS > CBOX EUR SCART > OSSC HDMI > 55" UHDTV
Can the OSSC actually fill the entire screen with the CBOX - Naomi as a setting or option? I would try and get rid of the black bars on the side as shown - understand that adds stretch and some distortion, but curious if that is even an option to see if I prefer it. Thanks.

It can - if you choose 2x and don't set your tv to 4:3 - but for me, that looks horrible. The aspect ratio is off.

I use 3x mode which looks great.

Matt

It can - if you choose 2x and don't set your tv to 4:3 - but for me, that looks horrible. The aspect ratio is off.

I use 3x mode which looks great.

Matt
Thanks for the reply. I have found Naomi and up seems to look "decent" in 16:9 and the Lindbergh looks quite good in the 16:9 format - probably not ideal, but really don't like the black bars if can be avoided and still have a reasonable quality.
Does 3x mode fill "most" of the screen and have you tried it not in 4:3 mode - curious how it looks. Thanks.

Ill take some pics tonight with the Sega 16B board I have hooked up. 3x I am pretty sure displays in 720p.

Here are screenshots taken for each mode 1x-5x. 1x and 2x I could force 4:3 or 16:9

In 5x mode - you can see that the top and bottom are slightly cut off.

Matt

Attachments

• 1x_4x3.jpg
    1x_4x3.jpg
    917 KB · Views: 109
  • 1x_16x9.jpg
    1x_16x9.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 3x.jpg
    3x.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 4x.jpg
    4x.jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 5x.jpg
    5x.jpg
    949.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 2x_16x9.jpg
    2x_16x9.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 2x_4x3.jpg
    2x_4x3.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for the photos - that helps a lot! Looks good! I can see why many go for the 4:3 option, however, I don't think the 16:9 looks too bad.
Does the OSSC allow for picture adjustment (left, right, up, down) as per a regular arcade monitor? It is always nice to have that option to adjust the screen as some games seem to want to be shifted one direction or the other.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the photos - that helps a lot! Looks good! I can see why many go for the 4:3 option, however, I don't think the 16:9 looks too bad.
Does the OSSC allow for picture adjustment (left, right, up, down) as per a regular arcade monitor? It is always nice to have that option to adjust the screen as some games seem to want to be shifted one direction or the other.
Thanks again.
Hey, I think you need to check this out!

:P

To answer your question about the OSSC, sadly no.

Thanks again.
The OSSC doesn't - but the CBOX does - it has position adjustments.... but I don't think you will need that with the OSSC - its taking the full analog signal and does its magic. There are no geometry issues that I am aware of.

Matt

ANYONE that bought the OLD version 2 of the CBOX that does not have the program button mapping function PLEASE post and get added to the list!!!!
VERSION 2 of the CBOX has the RED lights on the front!
This EPROM chip is ONLY COMPATIBLE with version 2 of the CBOX!

We only sold 2 version 1 systems to @BuddyC and @suverman , which replaced for BuddyC but not suverman yet.

If you don't have the red buttons then you have version 2.1 of the CBOX, check the picture with the BIG red X on it. This version can do custom mapping:
CUSTOM MAPPING:
HOLD the LAYOUT BUTTON for 3 seconds.
All six lights will be on, this is entering CUSTOM MODE
At this time you need to press the buttons 1-6 to your desired layout.
Press the LAYOUT BUTTON again to to exit CUSTOM MODE.
IF you want to set Player 2(2P), you also need to complere the button setting 1-6 during the CUSTOM MODE.

It is an eprom chip that you must replace yourself! the eprom is FREE you just need to pay for shipping from your AREA REP
The list is like this so far!

EU LIST:
AMS

US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
@statix138
beast1x5

AUS LIST:

right now australia does not have any one the list but this is what i plan to do acorrding to the list right now.
EU REP @Braintrash will recieve 7 units
US REP: @mathewbeall will recieve 12 units
OZZIE REP @djsheep will get 5 units

each area will get 5 extra chips, for just incase moments.

PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, DONT TRY TO CHANGE IT YOURSELF! WE are not responsible for damage!

REPS please PM me your shipping , lets get this going in the next 2 weeks!

Attachments

• a5766e08aa357f61921a3c10a506250.png
    a5766e08aa357f61921a3c10a506250.png
    622.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 92a5c0c8694211bdf5e1ee12fe24d3b.png
    92a5c0c8694211bdf5e1ee12fe24d3b.png
    705.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 4f4747eaaec28545568e539a41b22f0.png
    4f4747eaaec28545568e539a41b22f0.png
    757.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I edited my post above please, use the pictures to check which cbox version you have!
to make sure you need the EPROM.

Any update on the eprom being send out ? :) I’m the only one on the EU listing

Please add me to the EU list.
I believe mine is a Ver2 without remap.

EU LIST:
AMS
buffi

US LIST:
mathewbeall
Cereth
dannahan
DarthMig
300wins
@statix138
beast1x5

AUS LIST:
[empty for now]

For EU customers:

1. As soon I am informed that the new chips have been shipped to me, I will create an EU thread for this matter, so that EU people can have public news about how everything is going and ask public questions relating to the EU support of the new chips.

2. As soon as I have the new chips in hand, I will also pm everyone people on the EU list to prepare for the dispatch of the new chips.

3. If needed, I will provide chips swapping as a service. Cost will just be the shipping fees that I will keep as minimal as possible, no money will be taken for my time.

yup you have v2 you need the v2.1 chips! :D

Back