What's new
Nomax have been contacted about his new chips.

Everyone on the EU list should have received a PM by now. if more EU people need chips, they can contact me directly or through the EU thread.

If anyone in Australia or New Zealand needs an upgrade, holla. I have 4 chips!

Hi from Canada...
Wow that was a long read thru this thread but this looks awesome

I currently have a Naomi 2, system 256 and a sega stv that I want to use in an arcade cabinet with jamma buttons
Will this supergun meet my needs for all 3 systems. I will have all 3 in the cab and just change them when I want to play each one. I already have an OSSC so I think I am good for video. For audio I was going to use a small amp to a pair of car speakers mounted in the control panel.

Is this an all in one solution for me for these systems or am I incorrect?

Thanks

Well - this is a supergun - so its intended to plug controllers in (saturn), not JAMMA buttons. So not quite the use case you are looking at.

All three of your consoles can output via JAMMA - so all you really need is to get them all in your cabinet with the correct JAMMA card for each (except the ST-V - its already JAMMA) and just move the jamma edge connector around to each (and power tails). The Naomi2 will require additional power than the System 256/ST-V.

Matt

Hi from Canada...
Wow that was a long read thru this thread but this looks awesome

I currently have a Naomi 2, system 256 and a sega stv that I want to use in an arcade cabinet with jamma buttons
Will this supergun meet my needs for all 3 systems. I will have all 3 in the cab and just change them when I want to play each one. I already have an OSSC so I think I am good for video. For audio I was going to use a small amp to a pair of car speakers mounted in the control panel.

Is this an all in one solution for me for these systems or am I incorrect?

Thanks
SO the JVS/JAMMA CBOX Supergun will work on all 3 of your systems.
i have a sega STV and Naomi.
You will need a Sega STV kickharness for some games (SOLD SERPERATELY)
You can power your Naomi1/2 and Namco 256 straight from the CBOX for a CLEAN setup (SOLD Seperately)
you could run JAMMA video out of your CBOX to your OSSC and then run the video and audio out of the OSSC
for JVS run the video directly to OSSC
as the CBOX will only handle controls for your JVS ;) its designed this way to keep the best video signal from JVS source

The JVS/JAMMA Supergun really is the one box to rule them all in my opinion! <3

Over 300 sold and today marks the 1st year Anniversary of this device!
thank you all for your support!

I use this Supergun on the following:
NeoGeo MVS, CPS1, CPS2, CPS3, STV, Taito Type X2, Naomi , Ringedge

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201224105203.png
    WeChat Image_20201224105203.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 92
  • WeChat Image_20201224105158.png
    WeChat Image_20201224105158.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 102
@drfunk2k - Thank you

My control panel in my cabinet is all pure jamma all run to a 54pin jamma harness
So would that just plug directly into the CBOX? I will not be using any controllers - just joysticks and buttons all wired to jamma connector.

Thanks

@drfunk2k - Thank you

My control panel in my cabinet is all pure jamma all run to a 54pin jamma harness
So would that just plug directly into the CBOX? I will not be using any controllers - just joysticks and buttons all wired to jamma connector.

Thanks
I dont see why you need the Supergun.
The supergun is used for powering the boards and controllers. But you already have that taken care of.
what are you trying to accomplish here?

Our Supergun will power and control all 3 of your devices. then you just run JAMMA video out of the Supergun to your display
and run your video straight from JVS to your display.
and power your display with another power supply.

All three of your consoles can output via JAMMA - so all you really need is to get them all in your cabinet with the correct JAMMA card for each at @mathewbeall mentioned
and the cbox does have adapters to power your two JVS's

if your video display hooked up via JAMMA?

@drfunk2k I will try and explain it the best I can

I have an arcade cabinet that has jamma controls in it all going to a 54pin jamma harness
I currently use the sound from the jamma harness but could change that.
I use this board to take the scart video out of the jamma into my OSSC and then hdmi out to my display in the cabinet

https://www.smallcab.net/smallcab-jamma-scart-p-756.html

I want to be able to use the Sega STV, Naomi 2, Namco System 256 and maybe even my CPS2 in the same cab and just swap out what I need to hook them up. I am trying to make it as easy as possible to switch systems. I have read that I need a special jamma IO board for the namco and a Capcom or sega JVS board for the Naomi.

I was thinking your supergun may do everything I need if I can hookup all the systems to it and have the controls go out of your supergun and connect to my jamma harness for the joysticks and buttons. I could take the video directly out of your supergun and into the OSSC and then hdmi to the display and eliminate the board I posted a link to above. I could also take the audio out of your supergun to the car speakers I have in the cabinet

So what I am really looking for is a way to hook up all the systems I mentioned to your supergun (depending on which one I want to play -- I am sure some adapter cables will be needed) and the supergun would take care of everything (power, IO board, controls to my jamma harness, video, audio, etc). Just trying to use one cabinet instead of a different cab for each system - which would cause my wife to off me in my sleep as I already have way too many cabs :)

Your thoughts?

Thanks
Bob

@drfunk2k Forgot to mention I would also like to use it with my Taito F3 board too

Would what I mentioned above work with your supergun?

Cheers

BladeZX

sorry i was busy , in china we work during christmas.. i am running all this info to the developer because well you are the first to want to do this hehe
let me get back with you bro :) very soon

Would what I mentioned above work with your supergun?

A lot of what you have already have in the cab makes the Axun supergun redundant. You already have controls. You already have speakers set up. You already have a PSU for jamma games. You would only be using the JVS functionality and possibly the video output. A supergun is used in place of a cab, not somehow with one.

Personally, I would grab a Sega JVS to JAMMA IO and a PSU to sort out JVS power. Which cab did you have again?

Also, the Smallcab jamma scart thing, it's not doing anything to the video output. It's a straight in and out connection. That means it outputs high impedance video. You're supposed to have something that attenuates the video signals in between that and the OSSC. Like a Jassifier:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/the-jassifier.13746/

Admittedly, that's something that the Axun would do for you, but it's like buying a Swiss army knife when all you need is a nail file.

A lot of what you have already have in the cab makes the Axun supergun redundant. You already have controls. You already have speakers set up. You already have a PSU for jamma games. You would only be using the JVS functionality and possibly the video output. A supergun is used in place of a cab, not somehow with one.

Personally, I would grab a Sega JVS to JAMMA IO and a PSU to sort out JVS power. Which cab did you have again?

Also, the Smallcab jamma scart thing, it's not doing anything to the video output. It's a straight in and out connection. That means it outputs high impedance video. You're supposed to have something that attenuates the video signals in between that and the OSSC. Like a Jassifier:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/the-jassifier.13746/

Admittedly, that's something that the Axun would do for you, but it's like buying a Swiss army knife when all you need is a nail file.
I was wondering that... I am just trying to simplify connecting to a STV, Taito F3, System 256, Naomi 2 and CPS2 all in one cabinet (if I can)
If I can just switch a couple cables around that would be perfect rather than using different IO boards, PSUs, conversion boards, etc

I just wanted to say that I finally got around to installing the custom mapping chips. When I opened up my cbox, I noticed that the chip hold on the left wasn't facing the proper way. But the chip itself was facing to the left. So it didn't match up to the notch. I just put the chip in the way the original was and it was fine, even if the notch didn't line up. But that's probably just a mistake on mine and not anyone else.

The new custom button mapping is awesome. It's nice to be able to put whatever button you want, wherever you want. Thanks again Axun cbox creator!

Also, as a side note, the JVS I/O inside this cbox is a Sega 837-13551-92 that is normally found inside most Net City/Naomi Universal/New Net City.

Interested in this.

Just to make sure, if my understanding is correct, this supergun can directly power up a Naomi board without the need of an IO?

Back