What's new
Hi!

I'll take one.

I've sent a PM.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Got mine fast! Just had a chance to hook it up today and works great! Impressed for sure! This is the solution I was looking for. Thanks again!

Vampire Savior has a problem when performing luminous illusion with Lilith, and Darkness Illusion with Morrigan. If button 4 is connected via the JAMMA edge and the kick, you will not be able to perform the move despite inputting the correct button combo.
The way to test would be to pick lilith, get your special meter up to at least 1, then do: LP LP FORWARD LK HP quickly.
Doing it correctly will result in a special move. Doing it incorrectly, or with the JAMMA button 4 connected, you will stand there like an idiot doing normal moves.
Here’s proof of the Darkness Illusion working on the AxunWork

Srwsv1g.jpg

vUXIStq.jpg

PFBzwd2.jpg

HnmAI9u.jpg

The Vampire Savior conspiracy IS PUT TO REST!
The Axun CBOX prevails!!!

i still wondered why
@adgenet said there was some problem, because we never sold him a unit.... may i ask where this claim came from?

It's definitely a problem that exists but it means that the Axun CBOX is wired up in a way to prevent it :)

It's an issue that occurs on CPS2 when pin 4 is connected on the JAMMA edge as well as the kick harness.

Some Superguns have a switch to turn off pin 4/5 or it is otherwise disabled when a kick harness is in use.

There's a couple of CPS2 games that have this quirk.

Didn't the earlier units exhibit the problem? @suverman might have been the one to mention it?

P.s. That thing is a beast! Lovely job on it.

Earliest units had some button related issues which had been fixed now (from whatever I tried) - however this Vampior Saviour issue was brought up earlier and with my limited skills couldnt test it. Good to know it works :)

Hi drfunk2k,

PM sent in order to get on the waitlist!

This SuperGun is pretty awesome! Can you talk to your friend about some improvements for V3?

1. Those Sigma controller inputs. I still say drop them to save money. Or replace with USB.
2. Any chance the PCB facing out can be done in black? Green is OK, but looks a little unfinished.
3. Any other idea's guys? Any issues with the electronics he can improve?

I want to state, I know your friend is selling these mostly in China to make money, but if he does do a V3, I think a few tweaks could make this thing even cooler!

@bktrunks the Undamned USB decoders will solve your Neo-geo input situation :D
as you can see in @dannahan post he has a pair, as do I they are great! and Undamned makes legendary stuff

@xtrasmiley We do intend in getting USB inputs added. This is a hope by next year.
and I am sure black PCB is possible.

Yea to future proof I will go the USB route with either his adapters or another solution. I think for this project, I might just hard wire the joysticks to DB15 since they will not move from the setup. Awesome work on getting us involved with Axun!

@bktrunks the Undamned USB decoders will solve your Neo-geo input situation :D
as you can see in @dannahan post he has a pair, as do I they are great! and Undamned makes legendary stuff

@xtrasmiley We do intend in getting USB inputs added. This is a hope by next year.
and I am sure black PCB is possible.
AMAZING! You are on track to sell a must own! I still want to order one, but I want to wait for the improvements!
If you could integrate some analog support such as use usb wheels with brake and gas pots to play initial d, crazy taxi etc. that would be nice
YES, GREAT idea! Some sort of built in adjustable analog controls would be amazing. I'm not sure how different games handle this, but maybe since this is used a lot with Naomi, start with that?

That being said, there is some sort of adapter that allows Dreamcast controllers to be used, such as the keyboard, etc. Maybe that could replace those Sigma inputs?

There are Saturn controller ports onboard that you could get DC adapters for? Not sure if that helps?

Back