What's new
Would love 4:3 gaming monitors that are affordable:)

Last edited:
Would love 4:3 gaming monitors that are affordable:)
I'd go hunting for a PVM. It took me a while to find one, but I've been happy with mine ever since I got it :)

Sony makes good ones, but don't count out other brands; Olympus, Panasonic, and JVC make good ones at reasonable prices, too. I've heard about people who managed to score good ones from broadcasting studios and medical equipment recycling centers. Just make sure it has RGB inputs and you're good to go!

PSX_20200511_232717.jpg
I got my and it grate work with my retro-bit Sega Saturn controller wireless 2.4. I was surprised it work out of the box.

That supergun looks pretty sweet. Tempted to get one. Put a carry handle and some end cap covers for protection when not in use..

Pictures don’t do it justice. This thing is built to last. It’s a tank, in a good way. I think this is great for NAOMI owners since it’s originally a JVS solution. The 5v and 3.3 controls on the box add a great touch to the machine. No fan needed. I haven’t tested most of the analog options since I don’t own a CRT, but I’m sure I will just to maximize the units capabilities.
Where you get that purple vga cable and do they sell shorter ones?

Got my CBox in and hooked up today and so far I am very happy with the supergun overall. The build quality exceeds expectations on both the hardware and the cables.

I really like the ability to rotate the controller 90, 180, or 270 degrees. I have my CBox hooked up to a projector which makes rotating the screen not an option and more than half of my collection unplayable. Rotating the pad 90 degrees I can play my vertical shmups as horizontal ones without much of an issue. Not an ideal solution but it works and I was able to play some Rapid Hero this evening at 110" inches so overall a win. Only thing I would say my HAS has over the CBox is the ability to map any button to buttons 1-6 using the built in remapping function where the CBox has 3 layouts built-in; I find myself using the STG layout. Would be nice if it remember which map and rotation I selected for the controllers between power cycles but that is a minor gripe

If you are on the fence on getting one, I would say it's worth the money.

Attachments

• cbox.jpg
    cbox.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Got my CBox in and hooked up today and so far I am very happy with the supergun overall. The build quality exceeds expectations on both the hardware and the cables.

I really like the ability to rotate the controller 90, 180, or 270 degrees. I have my CBox hooked up to a projector which makes rotating the screen not an option and more than half of my collection unplayable. Rotating the pad 90 degrees I can play my vertical shmups as horizontal ones without much of an issue. Not an ideal solution but it works and I was able to play some Rapid Hero this evening at 110" inches so overall a win. Only thing I would say my HAS has over the CBox is the ability to map any button to buttons 1-6 using the built in remapping function where the CBox has 3 layouts built-in; I find myself using the STG layout. Would be nice if it remember which map and rotation I selected for the controllers between power cycles but that is a minor gripe

If you use Undamned's USB-decoder and hold 3 buttons are you power on you can map controllers. Glad you like it!

Very awesome man! I do have to ask though, is your projector mounted? If not, easy way to play tate! I was considering getting an inexpensive projector ($150, 720p) just to play tate shooters, before the OSSC Pro was announced.

Hey @drfunk2k, just checking in what the ETA is to get through the current list? I'm thinking of adding my name, but want to make sure I have the money together when you're ready to go.

Cheers.

2 users every 14 days usually, its been a little longer lately, due to more orders from China/HK/Taiwan

Very awesome man! I do have to ask though, is your projector mounted? If not, easy way to play tate! I was considering getting an inexpensive projector ($150, 720p) just to play tate shooters, before the OSSC Pro was announced.
My projector is mounted on the ceiling in the back of the room so not really an option for me to rotate. Until the OSSC Pro comes out rotating the pad will work.

Shipping to America is becoming more expensive.
We are not like some other chinese sellers and use standard mailing. Because this takes like 1-3 months to get to you.
We use trusted shippers like FedEx, UPS and DHL with TRUE INTERNATIONAL tracking numbers.

Corona virus has surely added to the shipping rates but i believe this extra cost of shipping to USA is caused by tensions among the countries govermenments.

Our last package sent to USA the shipping was 926 rmb, guys thats 129.38 USD... its fucking ridiculous.....

Please keep this in consideration when you order. If you want to be removed off the list i understand.

We make hand made electronics using the best and trusted shipping possible with TRUE INTERNATIONAL shipping.

Sorry for any trouble
Thanks for the support! <3

Back