What's new
I believe the Naomi only outputs 31K over its VGA port, 15K must come from the jamma edge which the Axun doesn't support. Your PVM won't be compatible with a 31K signal.

I believe the Naomi only outputs 31K over its VGA port, 15K must come from the jamma edge which the Axun doesn't support. Your PVM won't be compatible with a 31K signal.
Naomi only has a VGA port, there is no JAMMA edge. You can select 15/31K video output via dipswitch on the Naomi.

Hi all, got my CBOX today and the build quality is amazing.

Question: How can I run my Sega Naomi on my Sony BVM over RGBS? It seems to be having issues with Sync as I can see something on the display and hear audio. This is using a VGA to RGBS cable (VGA to BNC Cable - HD15 VGA to 5 BNC) directly from the Naomi. What am I doing wrong? I've tried both 15 and 31khz dips on the Naomi with no success.

Do I need to run video out from the CBOX some how? Setup worked great with my Capcom I/O so I'm at a loss.
There's a PCB that connects to the jamma looking in port on the back of the cbox , just connect the VGA cable from there to the naomi and you should be able to get RGB off of it

Hi all, got my CBOX today and the build quality is amazing.

Question: How can I run my Sega Naomi on my Sony BVM over RGBS? It seems to be having issues with Sync as I can see something on the display and hear audio. This is using a VGA to RGBS cable (VGA to BNC Cable - HD15 VGA to 5 BNC) directly from the Naomi. What am I doing wrong? I've tried both 15 and 31khz dips on the Naomi with no success.

Do I need to run video out from the CBOX some how? Setup worked great with my Capcom I/O so I'm at a loss.
There's a PCB that connects to the jamma looking in port on the back of the cbox , just connect the VGA cable from there to the naomi and you should be able to get RGB off of it
Sorry so what’s connected to the VGA port on the Naomi? If I go VGA Naomi to VGA CBOX then there’s nothing to connect video signal to my BVM.

It can output 15k through the DB15 - that's how I run it in the Cyber Lead

Naomi only has a VGA port, there is no JAMMA edge. You can select 15/31K video output via dipswitch on the Naomi.
Roger that, but most people use an IO with Naomi which does have a jamma edge.
It can output 15k through the DB15 - that's how I run it in the Cyber Lead
Makes sense, guessing that's all the IO is doing anyhow (passing the 15K from DB15 to the jamma pins.

The cbox eliminates the need for an I/O board as a whole. So you can just connect the VGA cable between the Naomi and the cbox VGA port in the back of it

The cbox eliminates the need for an I/O board as a whole. So you can just connect the VGA cable between the Naomi and the cbox VGA port in the back of it
Sorry I still must be confused, as I've only used the Naomi on a 15khz PVM via the Capcom IO using a HAS Supergun.

I have connected the VGA 15pin out on the back of the CBOX to the VGA on the Naomi, and then (I guess) connected the 8pin SCART to my BVM but still don't get anything close to a working picture even though I assumed that was incorrect. If the CBOX and Naomi are connected both via VGA then there are no video ports left on the CBOX to output to my BVM. That's why I was using the Naomi to push the video, and simply power / data connection between CBOX and Naomi.

I've posted in another thread, and someone mentioned that the Naomi outputs separate sync H/V values, and you must buy an Extron to combine the Sync to Composite sync:

Even multi-sync PVM and BVM's require composite sync, Naomi spits out separate H and V syncs in 31khz mode (aka VGA).
If you use a device the like Extron 580xi you can composit the separate syncs and it should work just fine provided its a multi sync (aka can do 31khz) monitor.

we have this adapter we make, that connects to the jamma on the CBOX then you can pull the 15khz video signal from the JAMMA to your BVM. just like the Capcom I/O does for you.
this is an old way.. actually most people use 31khz lcds for naomi or JVS, but we know issue you are having due to your setup

(VGA to BNC Cable - HD15 VGA to 5 BNC) will not work
NAOMI needs to merge the HV sync signal. Then the RGB signal needs to be amplified by the circuit to correctly realize the 15K-RGB picture
NAOMI’s 15K signal, 15K output from VGA, needs circuit processing to display RGBS normally

give us one week to make a few of them and i will add it to your 2nd package ok?
but this will solve your issue

Attachments

• df987bfa9086d3f85b8c7cd44568d57.png
    df987bfa9086d3f85b8c7cd44568d57.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 147
  • b265147fa4e8f3d5f4b91f75cd431e9.png
    b265147fa4e8f3d5f4b91f75cd431e9.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 00rnbyIR.jpg
    00rnbyIR.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 138
So does that mean that the Capcom IO is doing some simple processing of the video then? As it accepts the VGA out of the Naomi and outputs a jamma video signal.

Adapter is cool, will they be stocked on the site? I'll be keen to order one when I get around to ordering my CBOX.

Received mine on Monday by Fedex, here in the Midwest. It took only 4 days from China, not bad at all. Today I finally had time to open the package and look at the contents. My first impression was the small size considering all what it does and the fact that it has the PSU inside. I ordered the Supergun with every option possible minus the RGBS to AV Multi cable. I also purchased the black control console (aka joystick).

I liked:

Supergun is built like a tank and as I mentioned before it's smaller that I thought it would be, this is clearly a plus. Pretty much everything you could need on a Supergun. No flimsy cables or connections, everything look well built.

I didn't like:

The contents were tight inside the box, no movement so no chance that something could break when the package handlers throw it around. However, every component was packaged inside a thick plastic bag, there was no cushion between the Supergun and the joystick, luckily both were fine. I would have preferred if both were bubble wrapped individually but again they arrived ok. The Supergun plastic piece that goes around the case on the front and the back didn't line up perfectly with the top on both sides, this is a small issue but some people are more picky than others so I'm mentioning it. I will try to take the screw out and see if I can line it up with the case. The only thing that I truly didn't like was the controller because it looked used. The buttons and some of the top and back has wear. The cable door is also bent on the corners so I will try to straight it up later.

What I would change or add:

- Better packaging, Supergun and Joystick should be at least well bubble wrapped. In my case the joystick top broke the plastic bag and was rubbing against the side of the Supergun.
- Make sure the joystick is new and has no wear (quality control improvement).
- Move the start button on the joystick located on the right to the top.
- Add ground to the power cable.

Would I buy it again? Yes, compared with my Sigma Raijin, AV7000, HAS, etc. this is the best Supergun I have ever seen. Don't let my review stop you from buying one.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

Thanks,
\o/.k.

Last edited:
Just ordered one through the website. Thanks drfunk2k.

Any idea on approximate ship date?

Received mine on Monday by Fedex, here in the Midwest. It took only 4 days from China, not bad at all. Today I finally had time to open the package and look at the contents. My first impression was the small size considering all what it does and the fact that it has the PSU inside. I ordered the Supergun with every option possible minus the RGBS to AV Multi cable. I also purchased the black control console (aka joystick).

I liked:

Supergun is built like a tank and as I mentioned before it's smaller that I thought it would be, this is clearly a plus. Pretty much everything you could need on a Supergun. No flimsy cables or connections, everything look well built.

I didn't like:

The contents were tight inside the box, no movement so no chance that something could break when the package handlers throw it around. However, every component was packaged inside a thick plastic bag, there was no cushion between the Supergun and the joystick, luckily both were fine. I would have preferred if both were bubble wrapped individually but again they arrived ok. The Supergun plastic piece that goes around the case on the front and the back didn't line up perfectly with the top on both sides, this is a small issue but some people are more picky than others so I'm mentioning it. I will try to take the screw out and see if I can line it up with the case. The only thing that I truly didn't like was the controller because it looked used. The buttons and some of the top and back has wear. The cable door is also bent on the corners so I will try to straight it up later.

What I would change or add:

- Better packaging, Supergun and Joystick should be at least well bubble wrapped. In my case the joystick top broke the plastic bag and was rubbing against the side of the Supergun.
- Make sure the joystick is new and has no wear (quality control improvement).
- Move the start button on the joystick located on the right to the top.
- Add ground to the power cable.

Would I buy it again? Yes, compared with my Sigma Raijin, AV7000, HAS, etc. this is the best Supergun I have ever seen. Don't let my review stop you from buying one.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

Thanks,
\o/.k.
this is my fault..... when axun sent to me the box was sooo big. The added to the shipping by 450 rmb due to dimensions
i repacked it in a form i knew would be sufficient. i am sorry..... :(
was just trying to save you 450 rmb .... sorry mate

all orders are processed in order received. each product is hand made by one man, Axun. Whats your order number i can give you an estimate

1. taobao orders
2. forum orders
3. website orders

only 1 man to make them

Adapter is cool, will they be stocked on the site? I'll be keen to order one when I get around to ordering my CBOX.
yes this week we will produce over 20 to make the cheapest price and have them on hand

So does that mean that the Capcom IO is doing some simple processing of the video then? As it accepts the VGA out of the Naomi and outputs a jamma video signal.
From my experience with the Naomi and composite/s-video/component video/RGB output from the various Jamma I/O’s I tested, all the Sega ones output a noticeably flickering 15khz picture. The Capcom I/O does not have this issue.

all orders are processed in order received. each product is hand made by one man, Axun. Whats your order number i can give you an estimate
1. taobao orders
2. forum orders
3. website orders

only 1 man to make them
Order # SQ202008061162738050

I appreciate all the hard work by Axun.

Thank you for making these available to us drfunk2k.

Hi everyone, I had some major life things happen to me and my family today.
I ask for respect and prayers for my families safety and well being.
I will finish @Weasel and @McKie1 orders on this list.

Everyone on the the last part of the list order on our website:
http://axunworks.com/

#23 @hidaniel
#24 @syrex
#25 @jackinthebox
#26 @Cereth
#27 @VWI
#28 @lazy_gamer_jmv
#29 @Braintrash
#30 @UnfamiliarCornball
#31 @sammargh
#32 @hoagtech
#33 @macklane

I will keep this thread open, for ALL THINGS SUPPORT! I will always help Axun Workshop!
But because of this major event that has rocked us.... I will need to take a step back.
If you order from the site, I can still help you with any matter.

SUPPORT IS ALIVE ON THIS THREAD ALWAYS:
FOR ORDERS
FOR FUNCTIONS
FOR COMPLAINTS
FOR ALL

Axun makes dope ass products and hand makes them because he cares. I and this thread and all Axun threads I am here to help!

Sometimes life is hard.....
But love will propel you! <3

thanks everyone for understanding......
I am sorry for letting you the customer and Axun down.....
life can be too real
I will continue to check and help everyday.

Love you guys!,
Sami

PS.
When i started helping Axun , was to show the arcade scene that China could be trusted! FUCK YOU madlittlepixel on youtube for blaming china for your OSSC blowing up... learn the difference in JP21 and SCART

Back