What's new
can you hear the 6 or 7 chimes when you boot up? Or only 3?

I honestly can't tell because I have four 256s next to each other and they're loud lol

it's worth listening to those chimes when you boot. 7 tells you the dongle is fine, 3 tells you it's not (and maybe you need to clean it, or it's damaged). Sometimes I can only count 6 though since the audio starts up so fast.

So I tried my other dvd drive with SCIII in another 256 unit with 246 mode.

I get a green and then orange and then no light on the middle light between the dongle ports. I get some dvd drive sounds but then it stops making sound. I end up getting a signal to the TV but it says it's unsupported even though I got signal from Gundam beforehand.

Sorry to mislead you with my faulty memory!

If you've tried in 246 mode with no luck then it's another problem unfortunately :(

Have you matched up the dongle and iso? According to SYS 2X6 Multi.xlsx I got from the rollup pack (I think, I'm really doubting my memory at this point), there's 3 dongles and 2 DVDs.

So I think the issue with the other dvd drive w/ Soul Calibur III is that the disc doesn't spin in the DVD drive. I'll have to take that apart and try to figure that out.

Regarding the dvd drive with Soul Calibur II, on any of the four 256 units in 246 mode, I don't get a video signal at all.

My SCIII is a burned disc and I only have one disc and one dongle. For SC II, I have an original disc but it's just one disc. I have a security dongle and what looks to be a modified PS2 memory card as well. Two total.

You have the Soul Calibur 2 memory card? I think we're missing that info atm? @brizzo

What are your dip settings? Have you tried to plug into an OSSC that will show you if ANYTHING is coming out or not?

Soul Calibur 2 memory card? I think we're missing that info atm? @brizzo
I got my hands on one and spent time trying to reverse engineer it, but somehow the memory card is paired to each unique dongle and writes new pairing data to the memory cardo on every boot...

Back