What's new

Asobu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name's Elden, and I'm a 28 year old mechanical engineer.

I adore retro games, especially fighting and arcade games. As of yesterday, I'm the proud owner of an Astro City! Need to fix the monitor, and a lot of other things though.

I grew up on Sega consoles, and recently fell in love with everything SNK. Made a consolized MVS awhile back, but it just isn't the same without an arcade machine.

rd4P07u.jpg

Looking forward to learning and contributing to this community!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard. 28, wow...you were basically born when arcade fighting games were in their prime!

(damn I feel old)

Welcome, awesome looking cab! Yank out those player 2 buttons asap though, hurts the eyes! :D

Welcome. Too bad about the monitor but the body looks clean! And your marquee is still pink. Nice find.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Welcome aboard. 28, wow...you were basically born when arcade fighting games were in their prime!

(damn I feel old)
I wish I was born earlier to experience Street Fighter 2 back in the day. That would have been awesome! When I do see someone on a fighting game in an arcade, I always challenge them!

Welcome, awesome looking cab! Yank out those player 2 buttons asap though, hurts the eyes! :D
Absolutely. I'm replacing the whole panel. It was originally a 3 button panel, but someone drilled the extra buttons in the wrong spots! Gotta be green and pink, too.

Welcome. Too bad about the monitor but the body looks clean! And your marquee is still pink. Nice find.
Thank you, I wasn't aware that pink marquees could be tough to find!

I'm currently taking pictures of my progress restoring it, I'll make a thread when it's done!

SoCal is a good place to be if you love fighting games. What are your current favs?

SoCal is a good place to be if you love fighting games. What are your current favs?
Currently I'm really into Street Fighter 5. Finally got to diamond rank with Laura!

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is my favorite game of all time, still play it daily. I also like Soul Calibur 4 & 5, all the smash bros.

For classics, I really like Kizuna Encounter, KOF 98, Xmen vs Street Fighter, and Garou Mark of the Wolves. I want to get better at Third Strike, Darkstalkers 3, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Oh nice, another Laura player. Season 5 looking pretty solid for our girl. :)

I have a love hate relationship with SFV depending on the netcode and how salty it makes me. But we play offline most weeks, and that's definitely the way to go. Much better game that way. I tend to bounce back and forth between SFV and Third Strike, last week was playing some ST too, but those are the two games I play most regularly.

Night-Arcade-3.jpg

Oh nice, another Laura player. Season 5 looking pretty solid for our girl. :)

I have a love hate relationship with SFV depending on the netcode and how salty it makes me. But we play offline most weeks, and that's definitely the way to go. Much better game that way. I tend to bounce back and forth between SFV and Third Strike, last week was playing some ST too, but those are the two games I play most regularly.

Night-Arcade-3.jpg
Eyyy fellow Laura player!
Woah, what is that place? Is this an arcade in socal?? It looks awesome!

That's my garage. I started with a single Astro City too, so be careful, never know where you'll stop. ;)

How far are you from Torrance? PM me for details.

Back