What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Past 3 orders I've made they've shorted me several items and I'm considering jumping ship. This time it was 7 different item numbers for a total of 11 missing components... And not they miscounted how many items went in a bag, but they just didn't ship the entire bag for each..

How do Mouser and others compare price-wise, and their ability to ship what you ordered both accurately and in a timely fashion?

Damn that sucks dude. I’ve never had an issue with digikey, they’re my go-to. Mouser is my second stop but really only when digikey doesn’t have the part. Nothing bad to say about mouser either, it’s just usually easy to get my whole order done with digikey. Most of my bad experiences are when I buy obsolete parts from eBay via China.

Did their support folks give you the shaft?

I've ordered from Mouser and they were good.

I regularly order from Digikey, Arrow, RS and Element14 (Farnell) as well (whichever one has the product I want in stock) and I've not had too many issues with any of them.

RS once or twice haven't had an item in stock and it's taken months to come through but not much you can do if it's out of stock.

Price wise Mouser is very similar to Digikey.

Is it listed as shipped on the invoice and didn't arrive? Or are the products backordered?

Digikey, Mouser, RS, E14, they're all good.

I order from whom has the entire range of parts I need in a single hit.

Mouser is one of my favourites but I find Digi-Key easier to order from and their shipping suits me better. Mouser require someone to accept the delivery whereas Digi-Key will just leave it on my doorstep.

RS is my next preference. Good range of products and pricing.

Element14 is a last resort for me and I'll only order from them if no-one else stocks what I need. Prices are higher and I dislike their shipping options.

Did their support folks give you the shaft?
No, they've been great. They always send extra and always fedex overnight it. But it's frustrating to sit down for a project and parts are missing.

Is it listed as shipped on the invoice and didn't arrive? Or are the products backordered?
Yep, I only buy in-stock items, and these all showed as shipped, they're even on my packed-in invoice.

I order from whom has the entire range of parts I need in a single hit.
This. I have a Mouser cart going at the moment because Digikey and RS didn't have everything I wanted available together.

Mouser is fine, but I've found that their handling time can be much slower than Digikey. If I place an order with Digikey I know it will be at my door in 2 business days even with basic first class USPS shipping. I could be waiting 5 business days for a Mouser order. As such I only go there when I need a part that Digikey doesn't stock.

I've always had good luck with digikey. Never been shorted on an order yet so hopefully just a fluke. Were all three of those orders recently?

I’ve never had trouble with DigiKey either, but I’ve ordered parts from Mouser and Jameco as well with no issues.

I've always had good luck with digikey. Never been shorted on an order yet so hopefully just a fluke. Were all three of those orders recently?
Two inside the past two weeks, and one maybe a month or so back.

Ah I see. Hmmm about to place an order soon so will report back if it gets messed up. Historically throughout the years never had an issue but haven't ordered anything in the last two months.

Mouser is fine, but I've found that their handling time can be much slower than Digikey. If I place an order with Digikey I know it will be at my door in 2 business days even with basic first class USPS shipping. I could be waiting 5 business days for a Mouser order. As such I only go there when I need a part that Digikey doesn't stock.
This is also my experience with Mouser/DigiKey. Shipping/handling has always been super fast with DigiKey for me.

I've personally never had them mess up an order, but I imagine if you order a ton of stuff and often, odds are it's going to happen.

Ordered only from Element14 and RS, both have been fantastic with no issues...

Back