What's new
Hello, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

I'm currently setting up a system 16 multi for a friend but am running into a strange issue when i try to burn rom 12 from the roll up pack.

Specifically all of my writes fail at "Write failed, Address=0x000082, Buffer=0xA5 Device=0x00" for every 27c322 that I have.

I am using a GQ-4x4 with an ADP-054 adapter. I was able to write and verify every other rom from the pack, but for some reason only #12 always fails when I write regardless of which chip I'm using.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's making it so I can't write one rom out of 14?
Re-download the pack, maybe that one got corrupted?? Do you have access to another programmer?

I have black screen with my mullti 16B. So @Derick2k burned me 14x27C322 (THX very much @Derick2k) , so I will re burn the NOS 27C801 but I have to a sharp chip instead of the Z80. Do you think the sharp chip is guilty.
Post a pic to see what/how you got things set up.
THX

20200730.jpg

20200731.jpg

20200729.jpg

20200734.jpg

20200732.jpg

20200737.jpg

20200733.jpg

20200736.jpg

I'm currently setting up a system 16 multi for a friend but am running into a strange issue when i try to burn rom 12 from the roll up pack.

Specifically all of my writes fail at "Write failed, Address=0x000082, Buffer=0xA5 Device=0x00" for every 27c322 that I have.

I am using a GQ-4x4 with an ADP-054 adapter. I was able to write and verify every other rom from the pack, but for some reason only #12 always fails when I write regardless of which chip I'm using.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's making it so I can't write one rom out of 14?
Re-download the pack, maybe that one got corrupted?? Do you have access to another programmer?
I've downloaded the pack at least three times onto two different computers. Unfortunately the only other programmer I have is a Willem which is such a pain to get it working with adapters that I don't really want to deal with it. Though I did order an additional set of 27c322s as my friend only gave me an exact count, so on the off chance something is in fact wrong or incompatible with this batch of chips the new batch should clear up if it is a programmer/rom or chip issue.

I've downloaded the pack at least three times onto two different computers. Unfortunately the only other programmer I have is a Willem which is such a pain to get it working with adapters that I don't really want to deal with it. Though I did order an additional set of 27c322s as my friend only gave me an exact count, so on the off chance something is in fact wrong or incompatible with this batch of chips the new batch should clear up if it is a programmer/rom or chip issue.
If you want , I can send you a NOS to replace your faulty one.

If you want , I can send you a NOS to replace your faulty one.
Thanks for the offer, but I was able to finish setting up the Multi for my friend. For some reason the new batch of chips I ordered didn't have any issues with that file I was having trouble with. Still stumped but at least I was able to get the multi working for them!

Can someone post a pic of their new Multi Rom board with all of the chips installed so I know where each one goes...

:D

The silkscreen of the multi PCB is labelled with the EPROM identifiers.

I have black screen with my mullti 16B. So @Derick2k burned me 14x27C322 (THX very much @Derick2k) , so I will re burn the NOS 27C801 but I have to a sharp chip instead of the Z80. Do you think the sharp chip is guilty.
Post a pic to see what/how you got things set up.
THX
20200730.jpg

20200731.jpg

20200729.jpg

20200734.jpg

20200732.jpg

20200737.jpg

20200733.jpg

20200736.jpg
Can someone post a pic of their new Multi Rom board with all of the chips installed so I know where each one goes...

:D
Pics above!

Back