What's new
Put me down for one of your LCD selector kits, Frank! :thumbsup:

I have the Arduino Uno and keypad shield, but no System 16 Multi to use them with yet. Hopefully soon... :D

That's okay, gives me more time to tweak, refine and improve!

You're not too far down the list, I reckon you'll make the third batch.

Made some changes to the guide after receiving my board. There is no inbuilt reset system so this section has been removed and relocated to section regarding selector units.

@oneleaf86 Can I get a photo indicating where your reset wire needs to be installed on both the existing selector several people have, and the new deluxe selector please. I can also link back to your thread if you have installation instructions

@Frank_fjs Can I get the same for yours too please once the PCB design has been created

At this stage we're both thinking of utilising CN5, to keep it simple and solder free.

If someone wants to utilise CN5 for its intended purpose, trackball IOs, we can easily fabricate a breakout PCB which facilitates both the normal use of CN5 and reset hookup.

I am very interested in one of these! Awesome work! No S16 multi yet, still swapping my S16 boards like a commoner ;) But hell even if I have a selector before the multi, it is fine.

Can someone point me to the right area or what I am looking for on my Tetris 16B to indicate if my board is ready for the multi please?

Cheers,

That big block with half a sticker on it is the FD1094 encrypted CPU. You need to replace that with a standard 68k and then you’re ready to go.

You also need yourself an S16 adapter, that’s not a JAMMA edge.

That big block with half a sticker on it is the FD1094 encrypted CPU. You need to replace that with a standard 68k and then you’re ready to go.

You also need yourself an S16 adapter, that’s not a JAMMA edge.
Tracking on the jamma edge connector. Is the multi that just came out is that part of the kit that comes with multi board?

No. You'll need a seperate S16 to JAMMA adapter. @Frank_fjs makes a nice one and they can be had on eBay etc.

Just don't plug a JAMMA harness on without an adapter or you'll be looking for a new motherboard for your multi kit.

No. You'll need a seperate S16 to JAMMA adapter. @Frank_fjs makes a nice one and they can be had on eBay etc.

Just don't plug a JAMMA harness on without an adapter or you'll be looking for a new motherboard for your multi kit.
@xodaraP yes I am aware of the S16 to Jamma adapter. My question is does the multi come with the replacement 68k chip?

No, you need to source your own 68K.

All you need to know about how the Multi System 16B operate is on the video presentation of the SEGA System 16B Multi witch is related in the Apocalypse's theard .

Back