What's new
What you need to program is the eproms, that hold the game data.

Frank do I have to source those EPROMs on my own or do they come with the multi?

You get the option of buying them with the multi or sourcing your own

must be 10 mhz? 12mhz is it good? all standard Motorola 68000 is non encrypted? Only Hitachi clone for SEGA is it?

Last edited:
Only the nasty battery fed HITACHI is encrypted ;) 12mz is what it should be.

Edit- Ooops, I meant to type 10mz! Honest.

Last edited:
10MHz is the native CPU speed. Not sure what affect running 12MHz would have, if any.

Is this the Z80 chip that I need gents?

- S16 Motherboard with non encrypted 68000 and Z80 installed
Hi everyone,
Now that the S16 multi kit is due to start shipping soon, I have asked the team to share some details on the initial setup!

Congratulations on your purchase of the System 16 Multi! Now that you have your kit, or even if you haven't yet received it, where do you go from here?

Before we begin:

- This guide assumes that the S16 motherboard you are using is currently fully working with non encrypted CPUs
- No information on modifications to your motherboard aside from installation of the reset wire is or will be included
- Windows OS will be required to run the ROM conversion tool

You will need:

- S16 Multi ROM board
- S16 Motherboard with non encrypted 68000 and Z80 installed
- EPROM Programmer compatible with 27C322 and 27C080/801
- 14x 27C322 and 1x 27C801 EPROMs (if you did not purchase these with your kit)

Yep that will be perfect, don't put it in the i8751 socket though :)

And you have an encrypted 68k on that board you will need to replace too.

And you have an encrypted 68k on that board you will need to replace too.
There is no game using both Z80 and 68000 encryption.He only has to replace the 68000, the Z80 should be fine.
Indeed except he asked about that Z80 being suitable which I assume means he either has a missing Z80 or he's mixing up the Z80 and i8751

That's why I mentioned both not installing the Z80 in the i8751 socket and 68k replacement

Indeed except he asked about that Z80 being suitable which I assume means he either has a missing Z80 or he's mixing up the Z80 and i8751

That's why I mentioned both not installing the Z80 in the i8751 socket and 68k replacement
No worries mate, I just wanted to avoid confusion, it's definitely not normal to have to replace both the Z80 and the 68000.
And yes, don't put anything in the MCU socket (i8751).

is 68k encrypted soldered on MB or can I unplug it with flat screwdriver? where is the Z80 in my tetris MB plkease?

img_2735.jpg

img_2736.jpg

Back