What's new
You can remove it carefully with a flat screwdriver, it's socketed. The Z80 has the sticker on it and does not need to be replaced on your board.

last question could you confirm my shinobi is fully non encrypted.
THX

img_2192.jpg

Confirmed, neither of your CPUs is encrypted nor do you have an i8751 protection IC present.

And you have an encrypted 68k on that board you will need to replace too.
There is no game using both Z80 and 68000 encryption.He only has to replace the 68000, the Z80 should be fine.
:/

I thought I did a good job getting the parts I needed by talking with folks and reading up here. Now I see that I didn't need the 68k chip, I needed the bigger chip called the 6800 for this tetris board?

Can someone point me in the right direction to where I can get a non encrypted chip please?

Last edited:
No. The bigger CPU is the 68k. You don't need a Z80, you need a 68k (FD1094 is the encrypted 68k)

one question with multi 16b can we save dip switch set per games with electronic method? or change dip switch when change games?

one question with multi 16b can we save dip switch set per games with electronic method? or change dip switch when change games?
Again dipswitches are hard wired…
Of course you could imagine all sort of messy solutions requiring to either altering the motherboard or game code.

I sigh everytime I see how far down the list I am for the S16 multi. Maybe not as bad as CPS1, 202 over there! Why did I not see these things earlier?

Dip settings need to be changed per game.
Again dipswitches are hard wired…Of course you could imagine all sort of messy solutions requiring to either altering the motherboard or game code.
it's seems for beat them all set is same (altered beast, shinobi, golden axe....)

Back