What's new
20200828.jpg

Yes @nonosto ... I don't know how to help you further , i don't have the skills to make repairs :( , hope yours doesn't need to be repaired and it's just because the eeproms aren't properly writed

last chance I will re test all eprom. is it possible with a programer to test it without erase?

finally I succes to fix it, this is the 68K down, also it's a NOS. Fortunally the second NOS work perfectlty. THX all for this awesome multi.

Glad you got it working! It's a great multi.

Not that it matters, but 99% of chips labelled as NOS are indeed old, broken, repainted stock. :evil:

I try to program 27C322 chip, but with my TL866 I have this when I tried to read the eprom:

27c32210.png

Also I tried to erase it couple of time with UV eraser.

Note that I use a adapter for 27C322. So impossible to program it. Could you help me please?

THX

i'm using TL866 II + only for write jed files on gal/pal chips & 32 & 40 pins only ... i didn't have the adapter who support 42 pins , but from what i know , you must write an 27c322 with a bin 8 times to have all dates from a bin who normaly is writed 1 time with an TOP3000 programmer .

ps : can you show a picture with your adapter ?
I try to program 27C322 chip, but with my TL866 I have this when I tried to read the eprom:

27c32210.png

Also I tried to erase it couple of time with UV eraser.

Note that I use a adapter for 27C322. So impossible to program it. Could you help me please?

THX

Last edited:

Are you using an adapter like seen in this article? The instructions for how to use it are in the article.

THX all so I found on the web, must load up the 27C4096 chip on the TL866 software, all explain here:

27C322, 27C160, 27C800, 27C400 Programming Adapter (TL866)

Now I know how to program it, I have another issue, I use Sega System 16 Roll-Up Pack found in forum but black screen (I check 2 times all eprom) and I compare with eprom burned by Derrick it's very different (HEX code) so is it normal does exist some of pack, what's the best?

THX all so I found on the web, must load up the 27C4096 chip on the TL866 software, all explain here:

27C322, 27C160, 27C800, 27C400 Programming Adapter (TL866)

Now I know how to program it, I have another issue, I use Sega System 16 Roll-Up Pack found in forum but black screen (I check 2 times all eprom) and I compare with eprom burned by Derrick it's very different (HEX code) so is it normal does exist some of pack, what's the best?
Anyway ... please, can you share with me the ROM9 from Derick's set ?
Load it in your programmer and save it as a bin file on your desktop , and if you can, share with me to compare files .

ps : i writed files from Roll-UP Pack from forum and at least, from what i know , i writed rom9 few times because my eeproms aren't good for multi board from i don't know what reason, the multi don't like any 27c322 ... it must be new or erased very properly --- not every eraser is good , i used mine (china one) few times to erase a chip for exemple ... are moments when he erase from first time some chips but are moments when i must use him more than once to erase a chip properly.... everytime you erase a chip, please , do a BLANK check and after that use the Read function to be sure the eeprom are empty and usable after u removed him from eraser

after lot of test it's seems my #06 eprom is dead:

27c32211.png

So @AlxUnderBase when I try to dump the #09 eprom for you and I dont know why I break it and now is erased....so my romset not run proprerly and I must rewrite all with the roll up. ;(

after lot of test it's seems my #06 eprom is dead:

So @AlxUnderBase when I try to dump the #09 eprom for you and I dont know why I break it and now is erased....so my romset not run proprerly and I must rewrite all with the roll up. ;(
be sure first your eeproms are ready to be writed. Second , i assure you, the files from roll pack are the correct ones ! How many 42 pins eeproms did you writed succesfuly with tl866 programmer, eeproms are now used on your projects ? In my case , my top3000 programmer did write rom1 at all even the results after writed sais was succesfull (wasnt writed at all)... also i had problems with rom09 because the eeprom wasnt properly erased before or wasnt good , but again , my programmer succesfull writed , but when i tested ive got sprite errors for 2 games : wr & ga... i writed again the rom9 on 4 eeproms.. only one was accepted by multi board.... the rest gives me errors .. main problem is eeproms if they arent properly erased

Last edited:
Ok - i got my kit today! Woohoo! I have had the EEPROM's burned for a couple of months. My donor board is an Altered Beast board.

I seat all the EEPROM's - set the selector block to Altered Beast, drop the board on - and fire it up! Red LED comes on, but then nothing. I put my Altered Beast B board in - no problem.

Before I go through the process of pulling each of these EEPROM's and verifying them (again) - can anyone see anything obviously wrong?

Edit: i just pulled each EEPROM and verified it - all good... reseated them all - still nothing on bootup.

IMG-2388.jpg

Last edited:
Also there does exist a version of Action Fighter using digital controls on S16B. I just need to decrypt it first then it's only the matter of updating 1 ROM.
Some questions for you sir!

1. Did you ever do this? I'd love to try this game out, but my current version I can't control the car.
2. Is there anyway to load up the superior version of Golden Axe (the Japanese one of course!)
3. Is there any other games where a different region is better, like Golden Axe? Maybe Altered Beast? Shinobi?

Back