What's new

TheBortot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, have some doubts about power supply. In the IO board, theres a jamma conector and the JST one. In the Naomi motherboard theres 2 other JST(6 and 8 pin). Saw some pictures and noticed that the Sun Naomi PSU goes for the 2 JSTs in the motherboard.
But what about the 6pin JST in the IO board? Naomi uses 2 power supplies - one going through jamma to IO, other from the Sun psu to Motherboard?

sun psu is connected to naomi, i/o board gets power from the jamma edge - at least it's like this on my setup

So, that was my doubt- naomi needs 2 power suppliers. Thx!

Not necessarily. Depends on your setup.
Hm, generic arcade PSU through supergun into jamma i/o board and that's it. Need to plug another PSU into motherboard?
@Mitsurugi-w
Asking because my first contact with Naomi was a broken one, but i'm getting a new one and maybe i don't need a second PSU to feed it.

Not necessarily. Depends on your setup.
Hm, generic arcade PSU through supergun into jamma i/o board and that's it. Need to plug another PSU into motherboard?@Mitsurugi-w
Asking because my first contact with Naomi was a broken one, but i'm getting a new one and maybe i don't need a second PSU to feed it.
If you're using a JAMMA IO other than Capcom, you will need 2 PSUs.

The Capcom IO can feed the NAOMI directly, however you can't netboot with this setup because the Capcom IO can't supply enough on the 3.3v line for the NetDIMM.

There are several solutions:

- 2 power supplies
- Custom setup where your PSU also powers the IO board.
- Use a proper JVS PSU with the JVS IO

I use only one PSU, you just need to know if it can supply enough and have the 3.3V.
NVS_4000_02x_PSU_3.JPG

Im using a Sega Astro City if im just using carts not netboot can I power the naomi using the capcom io/jamma edge without the sun psu?

Back