What's new
Hey guys,

We present to you a "fixed" version of F-Zero AX for the Triforce system. This release has been modded so that the motor initialization and test will not error out if the FFB system is not connected or malfuntioning. Simply download the file and netboot it to your Triforce. It should work fine on both Rev. 1 and 3 pcbs but I have personally only tested it on my Rev. 3. So that means.......WE NEED MORE TESTERS. Please try it out and give your feedback. Especially those of you with F-Zero cabs. The controls for this game are pretty different than most racing games so an original cab would be great for initial testing.

Get it Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0oi3h5jrckfor6l/F-Zero-AX_fixed.rar

Since the controls are different than most racing games, I took the liberty of mapping them out for you. I will personally make an adapter to use with my S-JIHP so I can play this game properly. Here they are:

Steering X = P1 AD0
Steering Y = P1 AD1
Paddle Left = P2 UP
Paddle Right = P2 Down
Boost = P1 Shot 1
Gas = P2 AD0
Brake = P2 AD1
Start = P1 Start
View Change 1 = P1 UP
View Change 2 = P1 Down
View Change 3 = P1 Left
View Change 4 = P1 Right

When you load it up it will sit on the Motor Initializing screen for around a minute. On the first boot it will ask you to calibrate the controls and hit start. It will not let you continue until you have activated all controls.
I succes to extract Outrun 2 and SP from chihiro GDROM. Dont run with red/light LED on my XBOX debug. This is the same issue so that the motor initialization and test will not error out if the FFB system is not connected or malfuntioning with FZERO. Triforce and chihiro except motherboard is very closed, like game structur. I assume that you hex edit, is it possible to make same fix for run OR2/OR2SP on xbox debug.

Hey guys,

We present to you a "fixed" version of F-Zero AX for the Triforce system. This release has been modded so that the motor initialization and test will not error out if the FFB system is not connected or malfuntioning. Simply download the file and netboot it to your Triforce. It should work fine on both Rev. 1 and 3 pcbs but I have personally only tested it on my Rev. 3. So that means.......WE NEED MORE TESTERS. Please try it out and give your feedback. Especially those of you with F-Zero cabs. The controls for this game are pretty different than most racing games so an original cab would be great for initial testing.

Get it Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0oi3h5jrckfor6l/F-Zero-AX_fixed.rar

Since the controls are different than most racing games, I took the liberty of mapping them out for you. I will personally make an adapter to use with my S-JIHP so I can play this game properly. Here they are:

Steering X = P1 AD0
Steering Y = P1 AD1
Paddle Left = P2 UP
Paddle Right = P2 Down
Boost = P1 Shot 1
Gas = P2 AD0
Brake = P2 AD1
Start = P1 Start
View Change 1 = P1 UP
View Change 2 = P1 Down
View Change 3 = P1 Left
View Change 4 = P1 Right

When you load it up it will sit on the Motor Initializing screen for around a minute. On the first boot it will ask you to calibrate the controls and hit start. It will not let you continue until you have activated all controls.
I succes to extract Outrun 2 and SP from chihiro GDROM. Dont run with red/light LED on my XBOX debug. This is the same issue so that the motor initialization and test will not error out if the FFB system is not connected or malfuntioning with FZERO. Triforce and chihiro except motherboard is very closed, like game structur. I assume that you hex edit, is it possible
Hey guys,

Steering X = P1 AD0
Steering Y = P1 AD1
Paddle Left = P2 UP
Paddle Right = P2 Down
Boost = P1 Shot 1
Gas = P2 AD0
Brake = P2 AD1
Start = P1 Start
View Change 1 = P1 UP
View Change 2 = P1 Down
View Change 3 = P1 Left
View Change 4 = P1 Right

I succes to extract Outrun 2 and SP from chihiro GDROM. Dont run with red/light LED on my XBOX debug. This is the same issue so that the motor initialization and test will not error out if the FFB system is not connected or malfuntioning with FZERO. Triforce and chihiro except motherboard is very closed, like game structur. I assume that you hex edit, is it possible to make same fix for run OR2/OR2SP on xbox debug.
One small note about F-Zero AX and the FFB motor initialize screen is that you can skip over it with timing and correct positioning of the handle even without a drive board connected.

Here is what you do. When you see the Motor Initialize screen, wait about 5 seconds and then turn the wheel hard left, then return it to the middle, hard right and return it to the middle and wait for about 20 seconds. If done correctly, the game will boot and you will have steering.

If you mis time it or arent correct with the wheel positioning when you start the game, the car will pull to one side. You will then have to hit the test menu on the triforce then hit exit and try to do the centering again.

If you do it too late you will get a motor drive error. If you do it too early then system wont boot for a long time. You can try to do the centering routine twice before the system starts which will sometimes help it along.

I timed it once but the original cab will turn the wheel slowly to the left then center without stopping and continue slowly to the right and back to center where it will stop for a few seconds. Then it will do hard quick left and hard quick right to center and stay there then boot.

For those of you with the real cab, disconnect your drive board but make sure your sterring pot is connected and try the pattern above manually. The system will boot.

Hope that helps

I assume that this hex edit. What s use for it and what address must be change?

Someone can explain exactly how to reproduce this hack on Fzero....I would like understanding for apply it on .xbe.
THX

Hey guys this might be a stupid q, is the download on 1st page for arcade or a hack for dolphin? RAR unzips to .GCM fgle?

but cant hurt, I have Netdimm 4.0.2 512MB Zero Key and just got a Triforce 1 v3.01 so I could try F-Zero AX in Initial D 1 cab.
I had to decase Netdimm but finally it sits enough to boot, and can enter TEST mode to see IP setup 192.168.1.2.

i TRIED F-Zero-AX_fixed.gcm via Pi but it stuck 'Loading a Game Program 0%', not sure if this as its Gamecube File rather than arcade .bin?

F-Zero-AX_fixed.gcm 425,778 KB 'Loading a Game Program 0%'
F-Zero-AX_fixed.gcm 425,778 KB same file as above renamed to .bin 'Loading a Game Program 0%'
F-Zero-AX_.bin 425,778 KB 'Loading a Game Program 0%' or Not acceptable by game board.
vs2002ex.bin 'Loading a Game Program 0%'

Tried above roms and same issues also . Any Ideas on above and what fixed Rom in bin format?

Thanks all, Kev

Hi Kev,

unlike the Naomi, the percentage will not count up. It will stay at 0% until the game is loaded. Shouldn't take too long though. Similar to a big Naomi game as it loads 512MB.

So good news, about 12 hours in troubleshooting, but finally booting. nnap sent me on 2nd zero key and 2x256MB Ram, so I tried those in another NetDimm and it loads n Initial D cab compared to 0% loading when using 1×512mb.

Next issue was test game menu wouldnt load but if continuously press service 1 if tricks it, and could disable missing card reader.

It still gets stuck after Motor Initializtion. Please carry out adjustment of a handle and a break. Please press start button, if adjustment finishes.

F-Zero-AX_fixed.gcm should bypass this no?
Tried hack too thanks Mitsurugi-w how u figured that out I'll never know, after 5 seconds left center right. no luck.

I'm new to hex editor but buddy helped and I could check hex if I know what was changed? thanks all. appreciated kev

The fixed version will only bypass the FFB motor initialize screen. The calibration screen will still show up. Once you get past that, the settings are stored and it will not come up on subsequent boots.

Back