What's new

florida_gators

Beginner
Reaction score
I've spent hours online trying to figure this out. Hopefully someone can answer a very basic question. I bought a refurbished CRT monitor for my Stargate arcade. The two "monitor" wires from the arcade are both brown. What is the correct setting for my voltmeter to determine which to hook up to the monitor's hot and neutral wires? I assume there is a difference between the two arcade brown wires, and guessing can blow the monitor if I connect them backwards. I just can't get a reading on my voltmeter to figure it out when the arcade is on and I'm testing the two brown wires. Thanks!

Pictures may help here.

What wires are you referring to? There are a lot of wires in a monitor.

Just the two power neutral and hot wires. They're both brown on the machine. The monitor has the white and black in the photo. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which brown one is hot and which is neutral (from the arcade itself) in order to splice them onto the monitor ones. Probably something pretty basic... I was able to correctly hook up all the other wires that are now plugged into the monitor board.

Attachments

• IMG_2703.JPG
    IMG_2703.JPG
    742.1 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for the diagram. The two wires are exactly identical and they end up being grouped with the rest of the wiring so I can't see where they individually start from. Shouldn't I be able to take a voltage reading with the arcade on in order to determine which is hot and neutral?

Back