What's new

Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi - my X-multiply board has always had these strange vertical jailbars on the screen (transparent, close together and running across the whole screen).

I am playing on an LCD but i tried a variety of different scalers and connections and it is not happening on other boards, so i think it is definitely the X-multiply board.

Hard to see on a static image but they are very noticeable and distracting when playing as the screen scrolls (on the attached picture you can see it better to the left).

Has anyone seen anything like this before that could give me a clue how to fix? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• _20200102_192642.JPG
    _20200102_192642.JPG
    732.4 KB · Views: 218
perhaps recapping the m72 board? ?(
Thanks Moppel. I thought of that but would not know where to start in getting the right caps (or skills!) to do this. I will do some research and try as i have to start somewhere. Is this a common symptom of bad caps?

i'm by no means an expert, but bad caps can definately influence the picture - just take a look at the before and after pictures i took with an amiga cd32 i recapped for a friend:

IMG_1128.JPG

but perhaps somebody else knows which caps on the m72 are for the image signals, that way you could limit the caps you need to change for the time being

Attachments

• IMG_1135.JPG
    IMG_1135.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 135
i'm by no means an expert, but bad caps can definately influence the picture - just take a look at the before and after pictures i took with an amiga cd32 i recapped for a friend:

IMG_1128.JPG

but perhaps somebody else knows which caps on the m72 are for the image signals, that way you could limit the caps you need to change for the time being
Moppel - that's an incredible difference! Lucky friend! And may i say, a good choice of game and unique system. Always wanted a CD32 when i was younger after playing most nights on my friends Amiga.

On the strength of this example, it has to be worth a try i think.

i can tell you from the bottom of my heart that i never ever want to recap one of these bitches again ;)

Back