What's new

SailorLodestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Capcom impress and the pot on the remote for red gain is broken. Can I fix it by just finding and solder on a replacement?

And if so, where would I get a replacement pot?

IMG-2461.jpg

You can... have done it many times. Just grab the service manual and find out the value for R501... then go to digikey and grab one of the same value.

You can... have done it many times. Just grab the service manual and find out the value for R501... then go to digikey and grab one of the same value.
I don't see any info about the pot's specs in the manual but someone on another forum said that the numbers printed on the knob "20 2" indicate its' a 2k ohm pot. Is that right?

I don't see any info about the pot's specs in the manual
It's not there. You will have to find the service manual for the actual monitor that has a parts list and / or schematics. Unfortunately, it's probably a futile effort. Very few manuals have been scanned and uploaded.

but someone on another forum said that the numbers printed on the knob "20 2" indicate its' a 2k ohm pot. Is that right?
That's right.

However, all the gains have similar resistance pots. So you could just measure one of the two that are working to double check.

Back