What's new
I can report the same issues with the multiregion bios and AW games as well. I have two N1 PCB's. One has a multiregion bios I received from Misturugi-W. The one with the multiregion bios gets stuck at a blank screen. I cannot reboot currently because my Dimm battery is dead. But everything works fine in my N1 that has a G version bios.

Glad to see it worked

my guess either multis dont work with AW games or yours had a bad write in a very particular spot that AW games use at boot
mymultibios works fine.Surely an bad burn
Acblunden had the same problem with me with his bios he got from mitsu so I think there might be something else to it. Another factor is that the multibios is working fine for naomi netbooting.

Maybe there's something else causing this, perhaps we are using Naomi 1's, maybe you're on a naomi 2?

Also, I have the multiregion bios set for the US region. Perhaps Tyler has it set for EURO?

hmmm any other experiences with the multiregion bios?

What region have you set your bios to plasia? What happens when you set it to Euro?

Just tried atomiswave on my N2 with multi; black screen. Works fine with "normal" bios.

I burn the bioses myself so I know they verify and pass CRC checks etc.

This is not the only problem with the multi. For the most part it's solid, however, the game Spawn will crash during attract mode if no coins are in. That's the only N1 problem I know of (aside from this atomiswave conversion issue). However on N2 I also have noticed initial D 3 will crash during attract, but only after you play a round so it ends up in "REPLAY" mode.

Maybe there's something else causing this, perhaps we are using Naomi 1's, maybe you're on a naomi 2?
I can test this theory as I have an N2 handy as well. Someone want to sell me a N2 multiregion bios? PM me.

EDIT: Nevermind, skate323k137 reports there are issues with the N2 and multibios as well.

Same behaviour in US/Export and JP
Just tried atomiswave on my N2 with multi; black screen. Works fine with "normal" bios.

I burn the bioses myself so I know they verify and pass CRC checks etc.

This is not the only problem with the multi. For the most part it's solid, however, the game Spawn will crash during attract mode if no coins are in. That's the only N1 problem I know of (aside from this atomiswave conversion issue). However on N2 I also have noticed initial D 3 will crash during attract, but only after you play a round so it ends up in "REPLAY" mode.
Someone on another thread stated that they use Pi Force Tools and have no issues. Personally, I have never used Pi Force Tools; only transfergame.exe. Can either of you confirm what program you are using to netboot?

I know I commented much earlier in the thread. I'm using Pi Force Tools. Never used transfergame.exe before.

I know I commented much earlier in the thread. I'm using Pi Force Tools. Never used transfergame.exe before.
Any chance you can give transfergame.exe a whirl and post your results?

Maybe it is a hardware revision thing. I am going to swap out the bios's between my working N1's. See what happens.

Any chance you can give transfergame.exe a whirl and post your results?
I wouldn't know where to start, honestly.

My BIOS definitely isn't original. It says "VxWorks" in the test menu under "USA VERSION". No idea what it is beyond that, unfortunately.

Ahh, don't bother. I see plasia updated his original post stating he has tried all the netbooting options. Missed that when I posted last. I'll give it a whirl again this weekend and see if it is hardware revision related. The two working N1's I have are vastly different revisions it seems. One has the factory mod with a jumper wire, the other is sans jumper wire. I'll swap out the bios's to see if it makes a difference.

I have several N1s I could test, but using a JP H bios isn't much of an inconvenience honestly.

Also vxworks is responsible for some of the netdimm boards hardware or software. I know I've seen it before in the test menu and at least one of my dimm boards has a vxworks sticker on it.

As it is, the standard bios's are the only option for us that encounter this problem. Seems it is intermittent. I am going to rule out bad burns because the one N1 I have that exhibits this problem are both running the Zero Key chip and multibios I got from Mitsurugi-w. I trust he knows what he is doing.

I am going to run a few tests myself since I have two NetDimms and plenty of cabs to run parallel tests.

it could be worth noting which main board revision you're using... perhaps there is an issues with certain bios revisions on certain main boards.

As it is, the standard bios's are the only option for us that encounter this problem. Seems it is intermittent. I am going to rule out bad burns because the one N1 I have that exhibits this problem are both running the Zero Key chip and multibios I got from Mitsurugi-w. I trust he knows what he is doing.

I am going to run a few tests myself since I have two NetDimms and plenty of cabs to run parallel tests.
Let me know what you find out. Like I said I have several N1's (including one with the factory jumper wire), an eprom burner, and plenty of good blank chips. If you think you find a pattern I might be able to confirm it.

As plasia posted in his first post and I already anticipated, the problem is the BIOS.

Problem Status: Using a standard Japanese G Bios solved everything. Not sure why the multibios didn't work but hey, there we go.

Each BIOS has a different timing as the code is different and a different number of instructions are executed. Atomiswave games are programmed to run on Atomiswave BIOS with Atomiswave exact timing. They have been fixed to work with CF and with the BIOS I had in my Naomi (which was Japanese G IIRC).

Back