What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
My House of the Dead EX is crashing every 30 mins or so at events. Was suggested to check the GPU overheating, basic look everything inside looks pretty clean. Any other recommendations? I might reflow the GPU anyway if nothing else comes up.

treating this like a normal PC.
I'd probably replace thermal paste and verify fans are clean and working on the CPU and GPU. and check for exploded caps on the mobo.

also couldn't hurt to then do a full test on the memory and test with a different PSU.

the old P4 cpu on those gets incredibly hot - make sure there isnt a load of crap stuck between the fan and heatsink.

infact never replace the fans with slower ones to reduce noise - i see a lot of idiots do that on other systems.
the fans are to move air - as much as possible, they arent supposed to be silent and arent there for style points.

check also the rams! My bet goes however on the PCI JVS board. Those could behave like that unfortunately.

Well I'm finally at a con and can let it run an see what's up. I'll be taking advice as needed if it still keeps crashing! At worst going into the summer, I have a replacement coming just in case.

So all I had done when I looked at the Lindbergh was blow it with some compressed air, it wasn't even dirty so there wasn't really anything to clean. It ran all weekend no problems. IDGI

Back