What's new
Been busy with this lately. It's now Jamma. Some other stuff to be done, but it does play games blind. Still some jamma wires to contend with. I am gonna get a new volume knob. I just need to do the mirror and buy the mount! That RGB>VGA adapter I probably shorted. Got another coming.
where did you buy the rgb to vga?

Can someone post a picture of the mirror top anchors inside the cabinet? I need to see wgat type of bolt or screw it uses. Peaassse

Can someone post a picture of the mirror top anchors inside the cabinet? I need to see wgat type of bolt or screw it uses. Peaassse
My Megalo's being used for a desk for the next few days while I wait for some parts from Digikey, but when I get it cleared off I'll give it a go if no one else has.

they are here earlier than I was expecting but I will not complain. The speakers box. I got 3 I need only 2 so I will be willing to sell the 3rd one.

Attachments

• 41DA968D-CD13-47DC-9BAB-04ED67AA98EB.jpeg
    41DA968D-CD13-47DC-9BAB-04ED67AA98EB.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 5D8ADB65-1F5F-481E-B3F6-3D81981918D3.jpeg
    5D8ADB65-1F5F-481E-B3F6-3D81981918D3.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 206
So I recently ordered some of these samples

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840348445.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16e14c4dLBG2bV

was curious to see how good they were in person and well looks like i'm removing the remnants of the CRT projector setup from one of my cabs (fresnel lens etc it already has a DLP installed)

I was only interested in the two samples on the right, dark grey and 'dark'. Using some cheapo wish projector I borrowed

0quO6xW.jpg

E1FKqau.jpg

wVD050L.jpg

and the dark film

HicTMSz.jpg

LOIZFyu.jpg

the shiny surface is the top layer which peels off so you can stick it to glass therefore turning the glass itself into a rear projection screen. So intention is to use the megalo glass panel itself.

So I recently ordered some of these samples

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840348445.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16e14c4dLBG2bV

was curious to see how good they were in person and well looks like i'm removing the remnants of the CRT projector setup from one of my cabs (fresnel lens etc it already has a DLP installed)

I was only interested in the two samples on the right, dark grey and 'dark'. Using some cheapo wish projector I borrowed

0quO6xW.jpg

E1FKqau.jpg

wVD050L.jpg

and the dark film

HicTMSz.jpg

LOIZFyu.jpg

the shiny surface is the top layer which peels off so you can stick it to glass therefore turning the glass itself into a rear projection screen. So intention is to use the megalo glass panel itself.
so you are not using the mirror anymore ?

? I'm still using the mirror cause I need the throw distance unless I go buy an ultra short throw projector which has its own mirror mounted on it.

This is so I can get rid of the fresnel lens, the film just sticks to the rear of the glass. I don't really need it but was interested in how good the stuff would work plus it means no annoying concentric rings.

? I'm still using the mirror cause I need the throw distance unless I go buy an ultra short throw projector which has its own mirror mounted on it.

This is so I can get rid of the fresnel lens, the film just sticks to the rear of the glass. I don't really need it but was interested in how good the stuff would work plus it means no annoying concentric rings.
How much did it cost, I sas this solution a while ago but for some reason O did not pull the trigger on it. How much was it ? Have you tried fabric ?

samples were like $35 from the aliexpress link above, I wouldn't even bother with fabric now knowing this is an option unless of course I didnt have the pane of glass to stick it to

samples were like $35 from the aliexpress link above, I wouldn't even bother with fabric now knowing this is an option unless of course I didnt have the pane of glass to stick it to
which of the 2 you tried yield a better result ?

Did you look at the pictures above? see for yourself, the first pics are the dark grey film and the second ones are the 'dark' film. Not much in it tbh, dark will probably be preferable as it will leave the cab screen looking blacked out when not in use

Did you look at the pictures above? see for yourself, the first pics are the dark grey film and the second ones are the 'dark' film. Not much in it tbh, dark will probably be preferable as it will leave the cab screen looking blacked out when not in use
I glanced at it the first time you posted, was halft asleep. But just went back to look at it. I’m check the measurements of my mirror right now and ordering one.

I glanced at it the first time you posted, was halft asleep. But just went back to look at it. I’m check the measurements of my MIRROR right now and ordering one.
To clarify, you stick this stuff on the glass at the front nothing to do with the mirror

I wired up the inside, but I've decided to go with a better make for a jamma harness. This one I'm using has wire break away, and the wire is thin and weak internally, which I am not okay with for long term usage. It's been a rather crap week with this project. I'll need to redo a bunch of heat shrink wire work now. No getting around this or its going to be constant stupid battle.

My mount finally arrived. I’m picking up a cab in santa cruz this weekend but after that i will be doing some fitting and testing with. Any advice from those who have already installed a mount like distance and angle?B482948D-B8BA-43F1-ACD8-55A66B3BD389.jpeg

Just got this in today for the megalo enjoy.
0556A126-B149-4B55-93E7-FABCDB846100.jpeg
43D9B180-E086-4403-A883-9DF823D94418.jpeg
8207D553-59DB-49DA-B53A-52F6D078A66A.jpeg

Attachments

• 727CE7B3-AE35-49D3-B702-090EF94C4F45.jpeg
    727CE7B3-AE35-49D3-B702-090EF94C4F45.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 589BEC06-BC1C-439C-8A5E-A5E65731B7DA.jpeg
    589BEC06-BC1C-439C-8A5E-A5E65731B7DA.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 69B68AB2-A89F-4F4E-9208-348BE57511B7.jpeg
    69B68AB2-A89F-4F4E-9208-348BE57511B7.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 180
I repaired my benq I got off ebay for under 120$. Also got rid of the crappy Jamma harness I put in there and installed a Bob Roberts in it's place. Back on track!

My mount finally arrived. I’m picking up a cab in santa cruz this weekend but after that i will be doing some fitting and testing with. Any advice from those who have already installed a mount like distance and angle?B482948D-B8BA-43F1-ACD8-55A66B3BD389.jpeg
It's just a bit of trial and error mate, once you sort of get it in position you'll get a feel for it and then adjust your zoom and keystone settings to suit

Back