What's new

Spaayse

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some locks for the coin/service doors on my Net City. Since the original 5575 locks are hard to find and expensive, I would like to know if there are: (1) any good replacements for them, and (2) what the dimensions of the lock and tang are. Thanks all in advance!

So the lock in the Net City aren't the 5575's. They are the 1133's. The coin door has a different lock, which I don't have the key to. The dimensions of the 1133 are:
  • 19mm diameter
  • 19mm length of larger barrell
  • 14mm length of tang barrell
  • 33mm overall barrell length
  • 37mm in overall length
These locks look like they'll work perfectly. Bit the bullet and ordered 16 of them and will check them out when they get here. If they end up being too long, I can get washers to choke them up on the key side. As long as they aren't too short. Look to be very suitable replacement locks. Will use whatever tangs came with the NNC's from yaton.

Last edited:
@twistedsymphony, do you happen to know the dimensions for the 5575 locks? These seem to be a honest replica for the 1133 locks:

48045.jpg

I am thinking the 1133 and 5575 locks only differ by the key used. Groove channel for the 1133's and dimple key for the 5575's.

I wouldn't say it's a "replica", I just pulled out a 5575 I had laying around and compared measurements. this seems to be within 1mm on the mounting dimensions and shaft size which is the important part.

head diameter on this listed is 25mm and it's 21.5 on the 5575. This also has a centered keyway where the 5575 does not. that seems to be the most significant difference.

the most important thing if you're looking for a functional replacement are the measurements in the top left image. and the body length, and those things are very close to the 5575

Well, they are more of a replica of the 1173 locks than the 5755 locks. But replacement is a better word than replica.

Those ones @Ziggy Cheetos Dust pointed out should work just fine then. Bit the bullet already and bought 16 of them. According to the tracking website, should be here this week all the way from AU. So will find out soon.

Only thing missing is the cab specific tangs. But I am ok there I think. Will just pull them from the yaton locks. Good ole yaton gave us 4 locks and 4 keys for each NNC picked up back in the group buy.

I’ve got some already and held them side by side with my drilled ones from a Lindbergh cab and I reckon they’re going to be spot on. I have the original tangs luckily.

Attachments

• 2E10E736-9033-4F75-90D4-CF04925538CC.jpeg
    2E10E736-9033-4F75-90D4-CF04925538CC.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what length barrel (20mm or 30mm) I would want if I’m using the replacement locks that Ziggy linked to but with original tangs in a blast city?
As much as I want to try and find original locks I can’t justify dropping like $300 on 5575s :p

Back