What's new

zerox_dogma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I received a pcb of guardians (korean version)
I use it in my tv via OSSC and the pixels looks a little blurry. I use neogeo mvs and cps2 via OSSC and they looks pretty awesome but this pcb doesn’t looks good.

any help? The board have anything for ajust the pixel quality or anything I can do?

I have some configurations in my ossc for diferents consoles and cps2, neogeo, taito, irem.
But any of the configurations looks good.

Here is the pcb.
What is the function of this button?

Attachments

• 52595CE5-D230-445D-80A4-4830BFADBFAC.jpeg
    52595CE5-D230-445D-80A4-4830BFADBFAC.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 288
  • C9AF11F1-ABC8-4D3A-8E11-7E00B2C91516.jpeg
    C9AF11F1-ABC8-4D3A-8E11-7E00B2C91516.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 178
I have 3 of them, I can check for you in a few days if no one chimes in with the answer.

I do not recall any of the Korean ones being blurry however, all play good.

I use it in my tv via OSSC and the pixels looks a little blurry. I use neogeo mvs and cps2 via OSSC and they looks pretty awesome but this pcb doesn’t looks good.

any help? The board have anything for ajust the pixel quality or anything I can do?

I have some configurations in my ossc for diferents consoles and cps2, neogeo, taito, irem.
It may due to game VSync frequency, it's hybrid, between 50 Hz and 60 Hz. I had the same issue on a TV but not on the other ones.

Last edited:

It may due to game VSync frequency, it's hybrid, between 50 Hz and 60 Hz. I had the same issue on a TV but not on the other ones.
you have the same issue with GUARDIANS?
I dont see any change between 50hz and 60hz with the ossc. I played two missions and didn’t changed

Ok the knob is volume control, tested on two Korean boards, both adjust sound.

On OSSC I use 5x with Generic 4:3 mode for a quick test, very sharp. All other settings introduce some blur. I think I can get it sharper, but don't have time to play around with it. Bottom line, try 5x mode, Generic 4:3 as a starting point. Look at the names in the power bar area, using the game to dial it in was too difficult. All of my standard 5x modes had some sort of blur affect, so I know this game needs special settings to get perfect, but 5x generic is pretty good out of the box!

I'm using OSSC FW .85 (the newest one) as well.

Here are some pics for you, it's an awesome game by the way, great score!

IMG_7485.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7486.jpeg
    IMG_7486.jpeg
    681.7 KB · Views: 149

On OSSC I use 5x with Generic 4:3 mode for a quick test, very sharp. All other settings introduce some blur. I think I can get it sharper, but don't have time to play around with it. Bottom line, try 5x mode, Generic 4:3 as a starting point. Look at the names in the power bar area, using the game to dial it in was too difficult. All of my standard 5x modes had some sort of blur affect, so I know this game needs special settings to get perfect, but 5x generic is pretty good out of the box!

Thankss
I’ll try when I arrive to my house in 1hr
But your image looks pristine.
I’ll take picture
But I think my ossc don’t say generic 4:3

I know my Pcb image its not the best because I emulate it in a modified original xbox and looks beautiful.

The fisrt pictures its the pcb via ossc
The second one emulated in original xbox.

Attachments

• A45A9250-82F1-4ED7-9F32-0F5A4161529F.jpeg
    A45A9250-82F1-4ED7-9F32-0F5A4161529F.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 946EFB01-7D60-416E-8DDC-87C9C95BD8B6.jpeg
    946EFB01-7D60-416E-8DDC-87C9C95BD8B6.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 169
the same
The first its the pcb via ossc

the quality its poor from my pcb

Attachments

• ECC3396E-5215-4889-B111-3E3F50A6C0FF.jpeg
    ECC3396E-5215-4889-B111-3E3F50A6C0FF.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 8A8F970A-4598-45DE-B910-63CC95DBE406.jpeg
    8A8F970A-4598-45DE-B910-63CC95DBE406.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 177

Thankss
I’ll try when I arrive to my house in 1hr
I’ll take picture
Well that is easy, on default settings via OSSC this game is blurry. Change your settings to 5x and Generic 4:3 and you should be good to go. I think even 3x and Generic 4:3 looked pretty good. All other settings looked blurry to me.

I think we can get this game even sharper/better looking, but this was a quick 3 minute test I did.

Do you know how to set your OSSC settings?

ThankssI’ll try when I arrive to my house in 1hr
I’ll take picture
Well that is easy, on default settings via OSSC this game is blurry. Change your settings to 5x and Generic 4:3 and you should be good to go. I think even 3x and Generic 4:3 looked pretty good. All other settings looked blurry to me.
I think we can get this game even sharper/better looking, but this was a quick 3 minute test I did.

Do you know how to set your OSSC settings?
Yes, I change to 3x and 5x in generic setting and 3x 320x240 And the quailty its little different.
I think about maybe the board have some problem
:(
I don’t use HAS supergun, I’m using CBOX jamma chinese shitty supergun. But my cps2 and neogeo aes looks pristine so I think is not the supergun.

Back