What's new

mathewbeall

Champion
Reaction score
Hi Folks - I have a cabinet I built about 18 years ago - and the WG D9200 is starting to suffer vertical hold collapse, as in - it's in the process - its about half the screen right now.

This is a flyback transformer issue right?

Matt

its about half way through its collapse...so partial right now - but should be full soon. I did some more reading - it looks like this is more likely the transistor on the large heatsink.

Interesting. I've got one of these, it's working currently, but will be interested to read the results of your research in case you find out more!

i would suggest checking/replacing all the electrolytic caps around ic301 and change ic301 itself- check the schematic for locations of caps
c847 in power supply section

Ok - I got this guy out of the cabinet, and need to figure this out. Here is some video, and some pictures. It sounds like potentially a transistor?

Attachments

• model number.jpg
    model number.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 117
  • board.jpg
    board.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 177
i can't tell if that is a vertical collapse or vertical sync issue
if you disconnect the video input so the no signal message appears does it do the same?

So - weird.... with nothing plugged in , it never goes to the "no signal" screen. not sure why.

I definately started with vertical hold collapse although now clearly there is a sync issue as well. I am going to pull the chassis this weekend and take a close look at the cap's to see if any of them are bulging, and go from there.

you probably need to up the screen volts on the flyback but you should get a no signal message and if you do not then that could be part of the fault

Back