What's new

zerox_dogma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, somebody its selling me a cps2 b board DEAD
And he opened and its without battery.

the question is, if I install a infinikey the board will come alive again??

I only used infinikey in working board with battery and I don’t know much about.

Please understand I’m new in this world and I started collect pcbs
Thanks in advance guys

There's absolutely no way of knowing the state of the board. It could be faulty beyond a suicide and need more work to get going.

Personally, unless it was ridiculously cheap, I wouldn't take the gamble.

This is not a plausible story, and is the story you’d have to tell yourself in order for an infinikey to resurrect the board:

board was fine
owner removed battery
board is now dead
owner lists it for sale

More plausible is:

board died for unknown reason
owner assumed battery failure
owner removes battery and installs decrypted roms
board still dead
owner lists it as “untested” ;)

There could be graphics issues or battery acid explosion etc. What game is it? If it’s a desirable game I would gamble it, but if it’s some crappy game like marvel vs capcom...nah

I've learned the lesson that a few folks have already alluded to - just because it "looks" or "sounds" like a suicide, doesn't mean it is one.

I've got a couple boards that LOOK like suicided boards (solid green screen) that I know for a fact have other issues worse than decryption issues. In my case, they've got extreme damage to one or more custom chips. I've stopped buying suicided boards unless they're super cheap (depends on the game) for this reason.

I've had plenty of boards where dead battery was only part of the problem. I always think about the scenario where the board was running, developed some issue (graphics corruption, etc.) and operator sticks it on shelf. Of course eventually the battery will die, but it wasn't necessarily the cause for it being taken out of service. For that reason, for pricing on dead boards, I try to keep in mind how much something is worth as a spare case and a handful of EPROMs. I'm ok with a $50 lotto ticket :)
-ud

Tha game is capcom sport club blue european one and the seller is asking us$250 dollars shipped.
Its expensive for the condition.

Back