What's new

ranma444

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently purchased a max tune 3 cab, and prior to purchase it was working fine. When i transported it home and turned it on, i get no image on the monitor and the sound is just crackling. not quite sure what the issue is. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you.

May as well start with checking all the connections to the motherboard and monitor as well as those throughout the cabinet.

Disconnect, reconnect.

sadly im not at home to check at the moment, but earlier i did notice that the grey box from this image is not lighting up, but dont really see it listed in the instruction manual.
s-l1600.jpg

so the original problem had fixed itself not long after I had posted this thread and the game was working just fine, but now a new problem seems to have popped up after not playing for a few months in that I get a "no signal" message on the screen after turning it on. I checked all connections and everything seems to be plugged in securely, even unplugged and plugged back in to be sure. I thought maybe the system needs to warm up or something but even after leaving it on for a bit and restarting I still get the same thing. Anyone have any experience with this?

Is the game playing in the background? No signal means the monitor isn't getting any video.

so the original problem had fixed itself not long after I had posted this thread and the game was working just fine, but now a new problem seems to have popped up after not playing for a few months in that I get a "no signal" message on the screen after turning it on. I checked all connections and everything seems to be plugged in securely, even unplugged and plugged back in to be sure. I thought maybe the system needs to warm up or something but even after leaving it on for a bit and restarting I still get the same thing. Anyone have any experience with this?
Plug an LCD monitor into the N2 and see if you get any video, it might just be dead. The motherboards for these systems are notoriously unreliable. Does it make any beeping noises when it turns on? Does the CPU fan spin?

Plug an LCD monitor into the N2 and see if you get any video, it might just be dead. The motherboards for these systems are notoriously unreliable. Does it make any beeping noises when it turns on? Does the CPU fan spin?
it does turn on, it beeps and the fan spins. Just no video signal. I tried swapping the video card and now I get a "failed to mount prod.img" error when turning the n2 on.

Back