What's new

gamefreak054

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello I'm a newbie and my google skills are failing me, otherwise I probably would avoid asking what is probably a simple question. What are these 2 connectors for on the board? I stole this pic from the interwebs because I forgot to snap a pic of it before heading off to work, but my board currently has nothing connected in either of those spots (it looks Identical to this board). I'm pretty sure at least two pins have to deal with Degauss somehow because my Degauss button is not connected to anything at the moment. This is from an AERO city cab. I haven't pulled the chassis completely out yet, but I'm pretty sure I have an MS8-26SU or MS8-26SG.

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Attachments

• ms8-26.png
    ms8-26.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 368
Top connector is for the degauss switch. The black wires are for the actual switch. The green loopback wire is setting it to manual degauss, I think? There's a way to make it autodegauss if you wire it slightly different. @gunblade will know.

Bottom one is for the power input, AC IN.

Top connector is for the degauss switch. The black wires are for the actual switch. The green loopback wire is setting it to manual degauss, I think? There's a way to make it autodegauss if you wire it slightly different. @gunblade will know.

Bottom one is for the power input, AC IN.
Thanks for the input. Not to sound stupid, but what is the AC IN actually powering? Because the monitor is powering on without anything connected there, unless its wired differently. I'm still kinda dissecting and figuring out things.

I saw it said AC in, and I was confused why nothing was there lol.

Thanks for the input. Not to sound stupid, but what is the AC IN actually powering? Because the monitor is powering on without anything connected there, unless its wired differently. I'm still kinda dissecting and figuring out things.
I saw it said AC in, and I was confused why nothing was there lol.
AC IN is for powering the monitor. If yours powers on without anything connected to the actual connector, most likely the power cable has been soldered to the solder side (on the underside).

Take a pic of it?

AC IN is for powering the monitor. If yours powers on without anything connected to the actual connector, most likely the power cable has been soldered to the solder side (on the underside).

Take a pic of it?
Screenshot_20200117-175955_compress54~2.jpg

It ended up being soldered underneath. It didn't dawn on me to look underneath because I was focused on the connector and what it does. Made perfect sense when you mentioned it though.

Attachments

• 20200117_175031_HDR_compress10.jpg
    20200117_175031_HDR_compress10.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200117_175031_HDR_compress10.jpg
    20200117_175031_HDR_compress10.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 159
Back