What's new

krakorjak

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping someone could help with a problem I am having with my Sega Naomi set up. I have a Super World Series arcade with a Naomi 1 gdrom setup. I purchased a working net dimm and was working towards net booting. I was able to net boot a few games no problem but then I received error 22. My set up is a Naomi 1, Multi Bios, Zero pic with raspberry pi. I went and tested my original dimm and I get error 24 now which when I original purchased this game I had. So I tried installing the dimm for both multi times still same issue. I checked my voltages and they are at 5.05v and 3.45v . I ended up purchasing another naomi 1 and it booted with error 34 so I thought great here we go it's going to work. I powered off the system and back on with the raspberry pi and there it was error 22. So with both my Naomi boards I am getting both 22 net dimm or 24 with dimm. I have tried to lower voltages but that hasn't worked either so I put them back they way I found them. If anyone has a suggestion to help me I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Have you checked in the menu about the firmware setting?

If it becomes 0.00 means that your netdimm is bricked

I did check this and it does say 0.00 for the net dimm.
then that needs to be unsolder the ic the put in the programmer then , the firmware 3.17 after that put it in the board again ,then update via transfer exe. File to 4.01

So this is my NetDimm board that was at 4.02 firmware when I purchased it. I checked and confirmed that before I did anything. So this looks like it was bricked then. So my question what did I do to brick it?

Attachments

• AddText_01-20-06.03.21.jpg
    AddText_01-20-06.03.21.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 52
Here is a picture of my Dimm board and it reads 1.02 firmware but says Gdrom is bad. So this definitely confirms the theory of my NetDimm being bricked I guess.

Attachments

• AddText_01-20-06.08.34.jpg
    AddText_01-20-06.08.34.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 47
Make sure the dimm daughterboard is pushed securely together dimm mainboard

FIrst off Thank you to everyone who has given me advice on this. I tried with the case on case off making sure all connectors were seated top and bottom boards. Still same results nothing will boot on either boards. I don't have a chip programmer to reset the bios, is there someone that does this for fee?

I can replace the bios to see if that fixes it.

Back