What's new

vaughan14

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys about a year ago I remade the 2 Player 4 button layout for a Super Neo 29 Candy, I never got around to uploading it.

AEeo5K2.jpg

The print I have put on is from gameongrafix, originally I wasn't happy with it and asked for him to reprint it for me, basically It was too short.
He fought me and eventually sent me another print that was exactly the same?
I'm a signwriter by trade so I have no idea what is going on there.

The 2 pictures with the ruler are an original control panel and his print showing its undersize.

I think this was the reason I didn't want to release this because he would get more business, but hopefully he sees this and fixes the problem.
Please don't buy from him without asking for a fix.

It was laser cut out of 1.6mm Stainless Steel.
I don't have access to a stud welder anymore so thread was tig welded instead which worked although not as well.

As a bonus I vectorised the Instruction Strip and included that too.

I may in the future vectorise the side art as well as that isn't up to snuff.

I have a slightly rusty original one here that needs some love if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Super Neo 29 Candy Cut File.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 410
  • thumbnail_IMG_20181022_161850.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20181022_161850.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 530
  • thumbnail_IMG_20181022_161931.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20181022_161931.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 496
  • Neo control panels..jpg
    Neo control panels..jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 670
  • Game Instruction Super Neo 29 Candy.zip
    148.8 KB · Views: 545
  • thumbnail_20200120_191911.jpg
    thumbnail_20200120_191911.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 682
Great stuff @vaughan14! Will be helpful for Aussie's for sure, as I know 240 Amusements had a bunch of these at one point.

Yeah I got mine off someone who bought directly off them, I had a gumtree ad up and bought it as not working.

The hard drive in the mame setup 240 amusements put in it died.

I'm going to pick up my Super Neo 29 this weekend, so this is really great timing.

Since I don't have access to a laser cutter myself, does anyone have any suggestions for services that could use the file to make a CP?

Last edited:
I contacted a local laser cutting business although it's expensive. I'm pretty sure someone does it on the arcade otaku forums too.

I also want that exact CP - mine is 7 button without a select button. I've also got the gameongrafix overlay; my problem wasn't size but just that it looks average and I hate the feel of the vinyl compared to the original. Having just got my first sega cab on the weekend, the quality of the overlay is so much better (on the sega).

If anyone (especially in Australia) gets it together to get a run produced, subject to price of course, I'm down. There's at least one other AA member interested in this CP too.

I have no suggestions though, beyond noting that Alberto is planning on doing a run but that seems to keep getting pushed back.

Theres a guy in Australia who was making control panels for $110 posted with thread welded.
He was on the aussie arcade fb page, im not sure if he was on the forums.

Only problem is he will need the measurements for the thread, I'll have to look for my other files otherwise you can measure them.

I can produce this Control Panel.

If we can get the Vectorized Control panel artwork, i can do it offset print as original.
Or if someone has the clear scan of the artwork, i can vectorize it myself.

If we can get the Vectorized Control panel artwork, i can do it offset print as original.
I’m not asking for a solid number, but what’s your guesstimate of cost for something like this?

Sweet thanks for sharing !!

Maybe Scott doesn't have the original vector file. When uploading on gog. You can allow him to use it for resale. Guessing that's how he got that file ?

Not sure why he sent you the same print if you told him it was off..

I’m not asking for a solid number, but what’s your guesstimate of cost for something like this?
I cant give you exactly but;
The original control panels have been made by Lexan and it is expensive product. Stainless Steel is same too. Plus offset print is also expensive.
I think it will be 80-100 USD around Metal + Artwork part together.

Sweet thanks for sharing !!

Maybe Scott doesn't have the original vector file. When uploading on gog. You can allow him to use it for resale. Guessing that's how he got that file ?

Not sure why he sent you the same print if you told him it was off..
I didnt make the art, I just made the control panel outline.

I've had one of these cabs for years, and around 20 years ago I had a local machine shop cut me a ill fitting cp, that's covered with plain black cp overylay.

I'd love to get a proper one. but with a 7 button layout.

Not a lot of activity in this thread..

I took the outline from this thread and added my own button layout (It's a mame cab, servostik joysticks), and added the studs.
I used 4mm press in studs.

I have a cpo on order, and I'm going to see if I can customize the insert, I have no photoshot skills.

02RLE5V.jpg

Epe1BZO.jpg

Attachments

• FinalCut-4mm studs.zip
    38 KB · Views: 238
Back