What's new

nonosto

Champion
Reaction score
Hello

I have an issue with my toshiba chassi, my only hope is JOMAC but work only with australian people. One australian could help me like a proxy for my chassis. A little gift for the person who help me (money or one very nice PS/PS2 or DC games to offer).

THX all.

If you do this, and Joey finds out, he will block you from ever using his services again. He stated this in his post on the AA forum. Just a word of warning, because I know he reads forums and is pretty cluey.

First, that's weird, why won't the guy repair stuff from other countries?

Second, are you willing to go to USA? There are a few techs here that work them.

Seems totally reasonable and fair, but I agree with @nem if he doesn't have to deal with mailing it back/communicating with someone overseas, why would it matter to him? Unless there is literally so much work that just servicing his local homies takes up all his time, in which case, I still respect that decision and wouldn't offer to help break his rules, but based on that thread you linked, it sounds more like he doesn't want to deal with the overseas hassle.

Still, no reason to piss off anyone, I'm sure someone else can do repair work, US I'm sure?

If you know someone anywhere can fix my chassi like Jomac or better I take it. Jomac or anybody I want just fix for logtime my chassi.

Firstly, I wouldn't want to act as a proxy service for a chassis randomly on a forum for someone I don't really know.

I just try and follow the rules. It's not specified in that thread, but he's written in other threads regarding people sending chassis to him via intermediates.

Jomac is a pretty busy guy (a one man machine) servicing the big chains of arcades still left in Australia, alongside hobbyists (not homies, pffft). He definitely lacks time to get through the work on his bench which is why I believe he's tried to restrict his services to Oceania.

@rewrite has offered in another thread to possibly help out, and that would make more sense honestly, as it would be a one way trip to him and then back, opposed to interstate shipping back and forth (which would be $50+ alone).

Last edited:
I do not blame anyone .

@rewrite has offered in another thread to possibly help out, and that would make more sense honestly, as it would be a one way trip to him and then back, opposed to interstate shipping back and forth (which would be $50+ alone).
I dont see...I will contact him.

So I have D29CQ51 toshiba true flat monitor with PB9929 chassis. I have a dark picture. So I try to use the High Voltage Adjust pot (1 in photo) , but after touch it the picture became darkest closed black. it'seems died.

pot-1-e1431597569535.jpg

After that I touch directly with a little movement on the toshiba tfb5085ad flyback, picture back but I have always dark picture and if I turn a little more picture is too high...but in any case constrat must be highby OSD.

when you said shutdown you mean flyback turn off or died? Is it a symptom?

i doubt flyback is bad, most likely the hv adj pot needs to go back to the correct position
there is a possibility the HOT is short circuit
the right way to do this is turn the hv adj down and then use a hv probe connected to meter and adjust the hv to the correct level- after you get the chassis running of course

Back