What's new

Retro-Rabbit

Beginner
Reaction score
I've had this spare MvsC board for a while, bought it cheap knowing it wasn't just a suicide.

The Maxell battery had liquefied itself along with everything else within a 2 inch radius.

I cleaned it up,but noticed a good chunk of pins on the DL-1927 had been dissolved. So I carefully ground down the edge to expose the pins and used some thin enamel coated magnet wire to run new traces.

Some caps around the battery got eaten as well, but I'm thinking they're not going to be necessary as there's no longer a battery or keys.

I'll either grab another infini-key or toss a set of Phoenix to test later this week.
lbVWmSal.jpg

DL-1927

Last edited:
wowww. If you get this working that will be pretty epic!

Regardless of the outcome, I salute your effort!

I've got a board I need to clean up from battery acid but it's no where as bad as what you've got there.

YOU GOT THIS!

Looks great, if you get it working, throw it up on eBay and sell as "good" condition.. :P

If not, sell as "untested, prob needs battery" instead..

I am of course, joking. Awesome work there!

Looks great, if you get it working, throw it up on eBay and sell as "good" condition.. :P

If not, sell as "untested, prob needs battery" instead..

I am of course, joking. Awesome work there!
"My friend who works on these all the time told me it's an easy fix"

Joking aside, that's some awesome work and I have a huge amount of respect for your dedication

Someone on here (from South America I think) did a similar repair and it worked out ok, fingers crossed for you

Certainly makes a couple of the acid-damaged boards that I had written off look nearly pristine. Clearly I gave up too soon!

You've actually got remarkably little trace corrosion around that chip, all my acid deaths have been putting patch wires from that area around the board (mainly to the graphic rom sockets).

Likely fixable indeed! I have a spreadsheet with lists of where each pin connects if you need it.

You've actually got remarkably little trace corrosion around that chip, all my acid deaths have been putting patch wires from that area around the board (mainly to the graphic rom sockets).

Likely fixable indeed! I have a spreadsheet with lists of where each pin connects if you need it.
I could actually use those, if you're in the mood to share. I'm sure others would appreciate them. I've got a Street Fighter Alpha 2 with similar burns around DL-1927!

I respect your dedication. I would have removed what was salvageable and chucked that board in the dumpster.

I could actually use those, if you're in the mood to share. I'm sure others would appreciate them. I've got a Street Fighter Alpha 2 with similar burns around DL-1927!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_DT1hyLetRCG-KYDnhzsV7GdXjoEBVwbuQa5GsjsCqU/edit?usp=sharing

it's not fully cross-referenced, but might be helpful. the CGA tab tends to be my most referenced :p

Back