What's new

RandomRetro

Professional
Reaction score
Restoring an original Simpson’s Konami 4-player cabinet and thinking of packing it with 6-8 of Konami’s great side scrolling fighters. Original PCBs only.

Current though on games:
1) Simpsons
2) X-men
3) TMNT
4) Mystic Warriors
5) Cowboys of Moo Mesa
6) Sunset Riders

Like the idea or hate it?

Like it, are you including a switching board of some kind to have these PCB's in there dedicated?

Btw, I'd include Metamorphic Force and Violent Storm :D

Crime Fighters 1 and 2 (also known as Vendetta) are great too. Aliens may be another one although I have not played it on real hardware yet

Like it, are you including a switching board of some kind to have these PCB's in there dedicated?

Btw, I'd include Metamorphic Force and Violent Storm :D
Definitely thinking both those could be good additions, but haven’t played either on an Arcade yet.

Using EZ Switcher from https://riddledtv.com/arcade/ez.html#EZ8Way

He (RiddleTV) also has a 4-player condenser board and a 3 button mod board so you can use 2 buttons to play games like X-men. So will be using those too.

Crime Fighters 1 and 2 (also known as Vendetta) are great too. Aliens may be another one although I have not played it on real hardware yet
Aliens could be good for the variety, but only 2-Player. I like the Vendetta idea...

Like the idea!
I’m planning to do the same with my freshly restored X-men cab.
except with only the 4 boards I have.

X-men
Simpsons
Bucky O’ Hare
Sunset Riders

Doing the same with my simpsons one day, but add the third button. If you don’t want to drill into the original CP, there are inexpensive replacements available.

I’m actually considering 4 buttons for the D&D games as mine is a multi brawler not just Konami.

Yeah adding some buttons would be nice, but trying to keep the original CP. @xtrasmiley, what replacement deck are you looking at? D&D is a good choice.

Take a look at KLOV and eBay. One guy does a full panel, with overlay and t-molding for like $300, another does just the wood (which is what I am doing since I can swap out the top and add my own CPO) for $75.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=280757

Adding the 3rd or 4th button works fine on the big Konami panel and if you get a replacement, you'll always have the stock without damage.

Of course, if you go Konami only, stick with 3 buttons. I never liked combining the 1-2 buttons into 3rd button, and for the cost of the the chip that does that, plus a little more, and with some elbow grease, you can get the new CP!

Doing the same with my simpsons one day, but add the third button. If you don’t want to drill into the original CP, there are inexpensive replacements available.

I’m actually considering 4 buttons for the D&D games as mine is a multi brawler not just Konami.
I've got a spare X-Men panel so it's ready for 3 buttons for mine using Szabo's TMNT/X-Men/Simpsons multi art... but I kinda want to go to 4 buttons too, just not sure where I would drill it.

Yeah, another idea, is to double map the 4th button to the start button since I think only D&D uses it. Of course there is that one brawler that uses 6 buttons, Shadow Force or I think? I believe the Japanese one only uses 3...

Yeah, another idea, is to double map the 4th button to the start button since I think only D&D uses it. Of course there is that one brawler that uses 6 buttons, Shadow Force or I think? I believe the Japanese one only uses 3...
Well that's a whole other ball of wax... if you're at Konami level, Simpsons/X-Men/TMNT, there's no Start Button either. So if I want to do those 3 plus PGM and CPS2 brawlers, I have to drill 8 buttons (4 starts, 4 button 4s).... gotta decide. But I got a while to work it out, I'll get it running as Konami only first, and that's not going to be until the spring.

If anyone needs a Simpsons panel, I got one off the guy on eBay who CNC cuts them to the originals. I believe he’s also a member of KLOV.

I ended up cutting my own after I decided to restore my cab to X-men rather than Simpsons. The button layout is slightly different.
The panel is fresh, unused. I can sell it for what I paid — $95 shipped in the CONUS.

3A5BD336-A684-4ABB-830B-D29480C69CEC.jpeg

Attachments

• 50ED37D1-D1CF-43C6-8A1D-6B7DC0A34E22.jpeg
    50ED37D1-D1CF-43C6-8A1D-6B7DC0A34E22.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 164
@Jumpingmanjim needing TMNT Turtles in Time, Metamorphic Force, Violent Storm, and Moo Mesa. Current thinking is if I had these I may include them; or will be additions over time.

Progress being made on this project. Coins doors rebuilt. New flyback and a recap has the monitor bright and in focus. Doing some woodwork repairs and the marquee light. Have pcb mounting system designed. Testing the switcher wiring soon.

Question: I think I want to keep the original sun faded side art vs repro. I would then do a custom control panel to try and match the faded look. Do you guys like that idea or hate it?

Attachments

• C7C7DAFF-2BE6-41AD-887E-2B552F4377A4.jpeg
    C7C7DAFF-2BE6-41AD-887E-2B552F4377A4.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Back