What's new

nam9

Champion
Reaction score
Hi!

So, on my cab, the illuminated coinslot return button and internal coin counter both take 6v 1.5W T10 wedge style lightbulbs...

IMG_3194 (1).jpg

They look like this:

b63_2825-1.jpg

Both are blown... does anyone know where I could buy some replacements?
I have found 12v bulbs... but they are just too weak when running on a 5v circuit...

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 290
They are used in classic cars and motorbikes as well for the dashboard.
So might worth checking out a (classic) car shop :)

Are you set on incandescent bulbs? you could just put a T10 warm white LED in there for that warm glow from the coin slot

Thanks for the tips @PascalP @tiff_lee

Tried some car shops, but everything was 12v - not come across any properly 'classic' car places sadly.

Same issue with led bulbs, but I've found some 6v options searching for W5W bulbs (which should be the same as T10).
Picked up some warm whites per your suggestion. Will see how the look when they arrive!

If you can only find 12v bulbs, you can also try 12v 3w bulbs, should be similar in brightness to 6v 1.5w when powered with 6v

All the cheap T10 led bulbs you see on ebay will just be a small SMD board with a resistor inside the plastic housing on one of the legs. You could either swap the resistor or the reduced brilliance (6V vs 12V) may not be an issue, have to wait and see.

The lamp is a standard GE 555 6.3v lamp as used in most pinball machines so you should be able to get them from anywhere that supplies pinball parts or even EBAY.

Back