What's new

ITATTRACTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the world of supergun gaming so please bare with me as I learn.
I successfully set up my HAS 3.2 and grabbed my first few boards and I'm very excited to finally take this dip after many years of wishing from afar.

Two very quick questions:

1. Is there a specific way to get into the test menus on boards or are they all unique? Asking because I have Cave's Espgaluda and Dangun Feveron and when I hold down the test button on the HAS, the menu comes up, but on my other two boards, Strikers 1945 and Outzone, the button doesn't do anything for me. I'm guessing there's a combo of buttons I need to hit? Maybe a database or site that has these things listed?

2. Running the HAS into my X-RGB Mini into my flatscreen, unlike my other systems (Saturn/PCE etc.) which all look great, when I turn scanlines on using the HAS, they look terrible. Big and chunky and in certain spots and super dark. I've spent hours tinkering around in the settings and I cannot for the life of me make them look nice. I'm fine turning them off completely but I was wondering if there's something stupid I'm missing. I'll be running on a PVM shortly just waiting on the cable to arrive but I'd love to get this working in the meantime.

Thanks everyone, Happy 2020.

AJ

Not all games have service menus, however, this said both Outzone and Strikers 1945 do have them. They should be accessible just by pressing the test switch.

Some boards have a service button on them, some require a service button press from the JAMMA pinout.

Some games only let you get to the test via a dip switch. The easy way to do this is to Google your game with the word dip switch. Then you’ll see it on a site or a link to the manual when the sites are wrong.

Back