What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Using a Sega JVS I/O board. It is being powered via the JAMMA harness. Don't yet have the JST connectors to power the I/O board directly. I get this error:

ERROR JAMMA I/O BOARD(S) DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SWITCHES OR FUNCTIONS.

Other games work fine. Including other 6 button games. Anyone know how to solve this?

I'm assuming you have the Sega JVS to JAMMA board since the normal Sega JVS boards do not have a JAMMA connector.

Is it Rev A or Rev B? I've heard the Rev As have poor compatibility. Also what setting is your Jumper set to? The Jumper setting changes the kick harness pins.

I'm assuming you have the Sega JVS to JAMMA board since the normal Sega JVS boards do not have a JAMMA connector.

Is it Rev A or Rev B? I've heard the Rev As have poor compatibility. Also what setting is your Jumper set to? The Jumper setting changes the kick harness pins.
Man, this forum is full of really swell unpretentious geniuses! Truly, forums aren't all built the same. Nice job mods. The jumper setting did the trick. I had no idea where it was or that the board even had jumpers. I was using this one when I posted this issue:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Sega-io-838-13683-02-pcb.jpg

I also have this one:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Sega-io-838-13683-93-pcb.jpg

And I have the Capcom I/O board, but that doesn't work with NetDimm's/Dimm's.

I am going to drink a cold one and toast to you when my home arcade is up and running.

You can use the Capcom I/O with a NetDIMM. You just can't power the PCB with it. It really is best to ALWAYS power your Naomi pcbs with a dedicated PSU if possible.

The jumper setting did the trick. I had no idea where it was or that the board even had jumpers.
:thumbsup:

You can use the Capcom I/O with a NetDIMM. You just can't power the PCB with it. It really is best to ALWAYS power your Naomi pcbs with a dedicated PSU if possible.
^this... nothing wrong with the Capcom I/O you just can't use the power output port with a NetDIMM... in general that means that if you haven't bought anything yet and are piecing together a NetDIMM setup you're better off buying a different (cheaper) I/O board, but if you've already got the Capcom I/O there is no reason you can't use it (along with a separate JVS PSU) with your NetDIMM setup.

Right. No worries though. I got like 10 or 12 of the Sega JVS I/O's from that operator that was dumping his inventory. Most if it was just given to me. Slowly working through my inventory.

My projects for this weekend is to get that Tekken 5 cab going first, then moving it inside. Hopefully, this weekend I can convert the Atomiswave Upright to a NAOMI hi-res gaming. Lots of work.

acblunden2' said:
The jumper setting did the trick. I had no idea where it was or that the board even had jumpers.
I know it’s a couple of years ago now, but can you remember what settings / button config you used to get it to work?
I’m seeing the same error when connected to a Konami I/O. The Konami dip switches allow various stick/button configurations, but I can’t get it to work on a 4button or 6button 2player setup yet :(

Back